Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokian tires ?

Evenin' everyone !

I've just placed an order for 4 new Nokian WR winter tires 205/55-16 H as I've only heard good comments about them and their Finnish "we know more about what a winter tire should be than any major international tire manufacturer" pedigree and they were only 95 Euros (68£) apiece...

Plus they look like winter treaded Toyo T1-R's

So, have I made a deal or am I gonna end up in a ditch ?

Take care all y'all !

David
    Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

good choice!!
    1995 B4 Audi 80 S2 avant 267bhp and 326lbft *sold*

2001 P38 Range Rover DHSE 159bhp and 255lbft

1985 Type85 Audi 90 quattro 135bhp 140lbft

Comment

thats good price, where did u find them?
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
        thats good price, where did u find them?
        I didn't know where I could find some in the Liège area so I just e-mailed the official importer for Belgium that I found on the Nokian website. Here's the UK one :

UNITED KINGDOM (Car tyres )
        Tyreco Trading Ltd.
        Unit 7, Hackhurst Lane
        Hackhurst Industrial Estate
        Lower Dicker
        Nr Hailsham
        East Sussex
        BN27 4BR
        UK
        email: tyreco@talk21.com
        Phone: 44 (0)1323 844600
        Fax: 44 (0)1323 844125

Comment

Good buy
          sigpic

Comment

good

very good choice, i have used nokian on all my Qs and its always a sucsess
            japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
            www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Been thinking about getting a set of winter rubber myself, now this may seem a dumb question but do you go for the same size as summer tyres or something less wide but will still fit the rims????

Iain

Comment

I've just worn out some 205/55-16 Toyo T1-S's, that set of rims will be getting the Nokians.
                I've got another set of Avus 16inch rims with 225/50-16 Goodyear F1's that I've just bought off the forum to use only to pass Belgian technical control (MOT) and I'm planning on getting some new 17 inch rims and 225/45-17 tires next spring...

All these tire sizes are suitable for an S2.
                Last edited by MidnightBlueS2; 20 September 2006, 00:28.

Comment

you can run the same size for winter though you could always drop a size (though may not be possible dependent on brakes etc) if you wanted as a thinner tyre will cut through snow/slush better than a wider one. Personally I have had no problems running our A6 avant on winter rubber using the summer size which is the same as the S2 (205/55/16)

The grip off a winter set is amazing even on a 2 ton front wheel drive one like the a6......must be awesome on a quattro
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

just looked at these on mytyres.net and they are £59 inc vat and P&P thats a bargain!!!
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

you got any feedback on these tyres David? Just about to order a set for the a6 but always nice to get a recommendation
                      Cheers
                      David
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

They're fine ! Very good in the wet and pretty quiet too. Not fabulous in the dry with a heavy foot though... but hey, that's compared to the Toyo's so all together, I would definetly recommend them !

Comment

thanks for that David, i just hope they perform in the snow as i really can't be ar*ed to get out and put chains on unless i reeeeeeally have to Damn I wish audi had done the a6 with a quattro system on the 1.9tdi as they did with the passat and the a4
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Winter tyres - good idea, even in miserable damp wet blighty.
                            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

often thought about putting these on the wagon for the winter but with the porker 323 brakes the old wheels didn't fit any more.

thought i might try and get some 16" steelies to fit as they might have a tad more clearance, anyone know any of the vag range that run 16" steels 112/5 et35ish thought maybe passat or new golf but not sure if they will give me anymore room or what offset they run. 17" winters seem a bit pointless as the rubber starts to get more expensive and the narrower the better for winters and not enough tyrewall to clatter off kerbs when i loose it
                              Ragusa Coupe gone!
                              sigpic
                              VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                              VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                              vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Working...
                              X