• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hav It!!!!!

18's.........
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looking good! Do love that style of wheel on the car....

Once mine have sold i'm hoping to get me some new wheels too.... altho thats now dependant on the outcome of my clutch situation
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Looking good! Looks like there is room still to fit some Doug - style 19's.

Siena

Comment

Looks good

Get those centrecaps changed asap speak to Martyn or Paul at vagparts.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Ha Ha! Those VW Centre caps in a 'chrome styliee' finnish are totally unacceptable,

The old ones off my original alloys wouldn't fit as the centre cap fixings need to be longer. . . . .

Paul or martin can you get me a price for the centre caps Please?
            Bearing in mind that these are replica wheels . . . .

Doug which ones did you fit? did you modify them to fit? any info?
            They look the same as the one's i have on my 16's

Comment

I'm nort sure what the number is for my centrecaps but I think they are genuine RS4 ones.

I had to snip a bit of plastic off around all the flanges so the caps would sit in flush with the wheel - I also put the tie-wraps on to stop the metal spring pinging out. Have you got a picture of the back of your caps - take a look at my other thread I just started for Martin.

Comment

Forgot to say - since you have VW caps, are these the 10 hole ones - VW or Audi? If so, probably the same as my 19s - when I torch this Audi for an R32 at least I can keep the wheels

Comment

Looks great. Those wheels are so stylish and look impressive on an S2. Doug's centre caps will finish it off nicely though. Has anyone put these on an Avant? I'd love to see what they look like on a slippermobile. Maybe we should do a quick wheel swap at Greg's next meet if he is securing the use of a nice warm workshop for us all!! I'd like to see the OZ Velas on a Coupe too (but I like it that no-one else has the same wheels as mine!!)

Are you running 225/40 tyres??

Lee
                  1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                  Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                    Forgot to say - since you have VW caps, are these the 10 hole ones - VW or Audi? If so, probably the same as my 19s - when I torch this Audi for an R32 at least I can keep the wheels
                    An R32? You been drinking heavily??
                    At Oulton Park recently one R32 driver was miffed that he couldn't shake a Revo'd A3 Tdi130. LOL! I think he was going to visit his stealer next day to trade it in! Same performance but the R32 costs loads more to run (economy, insurance, purchase price etc!). R32 looks good though and the seats are quite nice.

Designun Limited....

Comment

NicNac - looking at the wheelcaps you had on your 16s(on rs246), it looks like they are replicas as well - since the are flush with the wheel.

Lee - I'm up for a swap - always like to see different wheels on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                        An R32? You been drinking heavily.
                        Yes

Comment

I don't want to swap with you Doug in case your wheels actually fit my car. I would have to spend modification funds on 19s cos I fear they would look too good and I fear that my willpower will be too weak!!

Designun Limited....

Comment

Lee - email a decent side-on pic of your car and I will see what 19s would look like on an avant.

Comment

mmm.......I'm starting to think the wheels might be genuine rs4.

The caps are fake but the wheels are 5 stud and not multi-fitment like yours doug, i was told that the wheels were originally for an audi but the guy put them on his passat estate TDI () and wanted matching VW caps so bought these afterwards. i'll get the part number (if there is one) off the wheel tomorrow....

Havent got a clue what the caps i have are off but they're genuine Audi

the number on them is: 4B0 601 165 C.

The wheels cost £450 by the way, including crappy 225/40/18 Avon's, new tyres will follow on death of these. . .

Centrecap :
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X