Larger S2 wheel replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neal1981 View Post

I've been looking at S2's with 18's on they just look a little odd IMPO, So 17's it is!
    I really don't want to change how the car looks the only thing I have a problem with is the center cap, Are the Avus S4/S6 wheels available or can the center caps be changed so they are the same as original S2 alloys?.
    Off set will be a problem personally (I'm a quadriplegic) Another member who lives pretty close to me should be able to help me out.
    Just to follow up, the centre caps can be reused from memory, I made the mistake of selling my oe wheels a long time ago so didn’t have that option to try.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

Just to follow up, the centre caps can be reused from memory, I made the mistake of selling my oe wheels a long time ago so didn’t have that option to try.
      I always save original wheels got 2 sets for my G60 Edition 1, Thanks for letting me know caps can be reused do you mean on different wheels with the same size caps?

Comment

yeah on the original wheels the have a large ring to hold the caps on, where as the s4/s6 ones have a small one that captures in the centre bore of the alloy wheel,
        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
          yeah on the original wheels the have a large ring to hold the caps on, whereas the s4/s6 ones have a small one that captures in the centre bore of the alloy wheel,
          Sorry about this Greg reading all the other posts on sizes, Models the wheels are off ect It literally has my spinning.

In an ideal world a set of 17" S4/S6 with the original 16" center caps ideally.

One part of me says to get the S2 to absolute perfection which would be a matter of five jobs, Additional extras, if I could get my hands on would be RS2 IC, Calipers, Inlet manifold ect then sell it sounds stupid & is I know but want to get something from the 80's one I could start building (Have it built everything costs so much more when blow your own nose never mind a car) from the ground up with high power in mind.

I t could be done with the S2 but just can't bring myself to do it.

Any input welcome.

Comment

If you measure the clips on the 16s centre caps I’ll check if they are the same as on the s6 wheels I have. I know what you mean though. I’ve kept all the stock parts I’ve changed with the exception of the wheels as they wouldn’t physically fit with the ap brake setup
            Greg

Comment

Working...
            X