Michelin Pilot Primacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin Pilot Primacy

Anybody know what these tyres are like ?
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

I had a set of Pilot sports on the 4x4 mondeo they were fantastic.

I got 2 x part worn pilot HX on the rear and 2 x part worm Premacy on the front. They seem ok but having different tyres does not help. Pilot sport are the best by a long way.

Probably not a lot of help.......
    David

Comment

10/10 excellent! I have used them on the front of mine and found them to out performe the P6000's on the rear by a MASSIVE amount! Only things is the price and how long they don't last? but performance cant be accopanied by endurance no matter what tyre manufactures say!
      Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

My Pilot sports lasted longer for the way I drove the Mondeo than the cheaper tyres. By the time you have taken the fitting etc. into account they are cheaper.

I like them, just the company aren't paying for them any more

D.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Chamberlain
          10/10 excellent! I have used them on the front of mine and found them to out performe the P6000's on the rear by a MASSIVE amount! Only things is the price and how long they don't last? but performance cant be accopanied by endurance no matter what tyre manufactures say!
          Most tyres can outperform the P6000s IMHO.
          Michelins are always very expensive though, and IMHO you can get better tyres for less money, eg Toyo Proxes T1-S, or GoodYear Eagle F1s.
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

I've reserved a set of 4 Primacy's which were advertised by an Audi stealer in Audi Driver for a special price of £250 (rrp £555). Sounded like a bargain to me....
            Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Now that is a good price for 4 :eek2:
              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

For everyday driving the Primacy is a very cost effective choice. My fathers A4 1,8 quattro has them and they last quite long. Just by looking at the surface One may think how sporty can they be? I bought a set of Pilot Sport ZR for the 2.8 quattro coupe. Very costly and not too quiet. I consider the Primacy more economical, if a bit less sporty. I bought the S2 with Eagle F1. To me it feels like the Pilot Sport but with a bit more grip when pressed hardly.

Gabor
                Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
                X