Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" or 18" wheels on coupe

Hello,

I'm getting a S2 Coupe in a few months so i'm after some wheel project while i'm waiting.

Like the 3 piece wheels like RH PD1 etc. The car has big reds mounted, is there anything i should take into account when i'm looking for wheels? Will "all" wheels fit?

What's the ideal spec for 17/18"? The car is lowered aswell
    Audi S2 Coupe
    Audi A6 C7
    VW T5

I use to run S6 17 inch avus which had a 35mm offset and 8 inch width. I ran these with 225/45R17 fine. It did run the arch liner on full steering lock a little though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I have 18x8.5 et 45 with 215/35 all round.

The fronts are on 10mm spacers - that gives about 5 mm to the steering arm on my BCs.
      The rears are on 20mm spacers - plenty of space behind.

I would not want to go any lower on offsets on this setup as you'll then start getting too close to the arches.

Hope that helps! : )

Comment

How low you want to run your car makes a difference, too. I run KW3 on my car. I have run the S6 Avus wheels and 17X8 ET32 Avantgardes with 255/35X17 Toyos on my car. I ran 235/40X17 Toyos on my track Enkei RPF1s, which were 17X8 ET35. I am currently running 235/45X17s Federal 595RS-R tires on my Avantgardes. They are little wider than other tires of this size. They are almost as wide as my Toyos were.
        I have never had a problem with tearing up the fender liner or interfering with the outer fender.
        In the end choice is yours.

Greg W
        They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

My car felt sweet on 17" but looks better on 18" lowered with KW v2. 17"s will clear your big reds. If you go larger brakes/disks, you will likely need to fit 18's. 8.0 x 18 ET35 will fit a lowered coupe with no rubbing issues. You can add spacers on the rear, but that won't help handling, as you really need to space the fronts out to help neutralise the inherent understeer in the S2. Rubber 225/35x18 595RS-R. There's loads of options based on how deep your pockets are!
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Agree, 18 for the looks, 17 for the ride...need to find some new 17s for mine, local roads not good enough for the 18s anymore
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I had Avus II 8x17" previously, then changed to 8,5x18 ABT A25 for better "wow" look, and now will downgrade do 17" Avus again just to have more ride fun and classic look.

Comment

Which size of wheels did you get? I'm planning to get a new set then try installing a set of street nitto tires than stick to my stock.
                Last edited by silverstark; 7 April 2020, 12:28.

Comment

Didnt find any Wheels before i got the car, but it runs on 18" bbs rs2 and 18" avus on Winter wich needs some love

Maybe ill invest in RH ZW or PD1 in the future
                  Audi S2 Coupe
                  Audi A6 C7
                  VW T5

Comment

Working...
                  X