Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre cap for Mille Miglia Cup replica

Hello, just joined 5 minutes ago and already asking for help lol

I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction - I've done a search already and found some similar topics (even an eBay link, though it's of no help now!) but none of them were able to give me the answer I needed.

I currently have a set of Mille Miglia Porsche Cup 17" replica alloys on my S2 and unfortunately lost a front centre cap on the way home from buying the car and I've been searching ever since to find one. Though without the internet at home it was a rather poor attempt by just logging onto friends/families computers whenever I could - but the Audi forums seem the way to go.

So does anybody know where I can get some from - I've tried the old Mille Miglia distributors, aswell as several of their old dealerships around the country and none had them in, as it seems they're larger than the usual Mille Miglia alloys (they seem about 70mm in diameter compared to the usual 50mm) so not a common item to stock! They also have the Audi logo moulded into them just to make it that little more awkward, although a set of 4 new ones, plus some spares, and some stickers should sort that. I've even tried German eBay after fruitless attempts on the UK one, and I can't read/write German so not much luck there lol

Any help would be much appreciated as that's one of the few things which let-down the car as it is.

Kieron.
    Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car
    Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDi, 1995, Arctic Silver (now sold)
    BMW E36 325i Coupe, 1993, Diamond Black (now sold)
    VW Polo 1.0L 6N, 1998, Red (the missus' car)
    Aprilia Rs250 motorbike, 1998, Black (the weekend toy)

Hi, and welcome to the forum...
    I don't know where you can but a centre cap, but I am looking for a complete cup rep. wheel, like you have...
    If you find on your search a complete wheel with centre cap, I would buy it and give you the centre for free...... Just a thought, I will also keep an eye out too, between us we might get what we need...!
    Cheers
    Chris
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Thanks very much - I hope you find one now...

There's been a few wheels on eBay over the past week or so - though under various different names, Mille Miglia, Porsche Replica, Cup/Cup alloy, Porsche Cup Audi/VW etc. etc. so they're out there somewhere. Some on German eBay too, though again, it's finding them and understanding German! But if I find one, I'll let you know...
      Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car
      Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDi, 1995, Arctic Silver (now sold)
      BMW E36 325i Coupe, 1993, Diamond Black (now sold)
      VW Polo 1.0L 6N, 1998, Red (the missus' car)
      Aprilia Rs250 motorbike, 1998, Black (the weekend toy)

Comment

Yes, I have seen a few over the last 6 months, although none of them will fit the S2...
        Most of them are for the RS2 or Porsche 911... I log on to German enay every 2 days to see if there is one...
        You need to check the offset first, mostly it will be ET55 and / or 9J (I think) which is no good for the S2, also the bolts need to be 5/112, alot of them are 5/130 (which is Porsche, RS2, etc)
        I think (someone please put me right if I am wrong) the cup reps (made by Mille Miglia) need to be
        7.5J X 17, ET35, 5X112
        Anythin other than this is not suitable for the S2 (I think original offset is ET37)
        There is one on the bay at the moment, not in great condition, but without centre cap, the owner doesn't know the size and cannot get to see it at the moment (????)
        I have mailed him anyway....
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

you need to pm matts2 he made his own and very nice too
          94 s2 avant
          aoc member 1116

Comment

Bringing up an old thread.

Any sources for centre caps on rs2 reps these days?
            F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
            1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Working...
            X