Wheel Alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Alignment?

Just been to get my car 4 wheel aligned. It was quite bad the toe on all 4 wheels is out and needs to be changed.

The problem is that all 4 corners on the tie rod ends have seized and they can't be changed.

Luckily kwik fit didn't charge me anything even tho they spent about half an hour playing with my car

Wheres the best place to buy these from and how much?

Thanks

Ian
    1991 S2 3b, Samco Hoses, RS2 IC, 18'' RS6 Wheels, Forge Dump Valve, Scorpion Exhaust System, Decatted, MRC Remap

Try soaking them with WD40 overnight before giving up. Worked on my previous S2.
    Vagparts IMHO re replacements
    Alastair
    RS2

Comment

Found out last night my rears are a bit stiff too! I cant seem to find a spanner that fits the nut properly.

It would seem it is 21mm, which isn`t a common size in most sets, and I havent got one!

I will take the link arm off tonight to see if I have more joy on the bench.
      Last edited by waad_uk; 16 March 2007, 13:13.
      '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

Just taken the rear track control arms off. Its sooooo much easier to free them in the bench!

Once I stripped it down, packed it with some grease. Should keep it free for a couple of years...
        '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

Cheers Waad looks like I got a new job for the weekend
          1991 S2 3b, Samco Hoses, RS2 IC, 18'' RS6 Wheels, Forge Dump Valve, Scorpion Exhaust System, Decatted, MRC Remap

Comment

Working...
          X