Advice Please - Getting Tyres Fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please - Getting Tyres Fitted

I had planned to get the top mounts sorted out on my car and then take it down to Micheldever Tyres to get a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 2s fitted + tracking/alignment sorted. But had a puncture last night and need to get something sorted out quickly as the spare is a different size and type to the unidirectional tyres the car's currently running on.

Do you reckon I'd be OK to take it down to Micheldever anyway (90 miles from home) or would I be better to source some tyres locally? If the latter, any advice on good stockists in Kent (Sevenoaks/Tonbridge/Maidstone)?

Your handling will be a bit out but I am sure you can do the 90 miles without any problems - as long as you take it easy!
    1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
    2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
    2006 Misano Red RS4
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
    2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem, Audi supply silly space savers that are ok up to 50mph. take it easy and go there as micheldever tyres have a good reputation.

D.

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like Micheldever here we come then!

The spare is a full size tyre with a genuine Porsche Cup alloy - I assume the spare tyre must have pre-dated the current set of tyres as it is a different make, size etc.

Comment

You've got an RS2 there haven't you? What tyres do you have now ? What size?
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Hi dan_b

Yep. She's got the tyres she came with last February. Nokians on three wheels and I can't remember off the top of my head what the spare is. Have to check sizes when I go home as I've got the diesel with me at work but definitely not the recommended 225/45/17. Possibly 235s and a 255 but I'm not certain.

Comment

Working...
            X