what offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what offset?

What ET do I need to fit keskin kt1 18" x 8.5 on an ABY S2.
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

ET 35

You may need to get your front arches rolled though as Terrybullwon had problems with 8.5 J wheels.

On the flip side Rotoryboy ran the same with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      ET 35

You may need to get your front arches rolled though as Terrybullwon had problems with 8.5 J wheels.

On the flip side Rotoryboy ran the same with no problems.
      Yep, mine are ET32, 18" and as Jamo said 8.5 J, and lowered on H&R springs.

The front arches were rolled, the gut done a very good job and i no have very little problems
      Last edited by terrybullwon; 21 May 2007, 21:22.
      Chef

Comment

elijah ran 17x8.5 ssr's with 255's with et 35 with 5 mil spacer, so et 30, supposedly no rubbin...

Comment

How much should I expect to pay for having my arches rolled if need be??

Anyone know any good body shops round London preferably south but anywhere in London's good enough.
          Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
            How much should I expect to pay for having my arches rolled if need be??

Anyone know any good body shops round London preferably south but anywhere in London's good enough.
            Mine was a bit of a favour but it was very quick, I would have said half an hours labour if that

Cheers James
            Chef

Comment

all you need is a wooden baseball bat...
              depending on how high your arches are over your tires as your car sits, (if its too low you will have to jack it up a bit, if its too high, then I don't know)
              use the tire as the pivot point and rol the bat around the fender arch while continually applying more and more pressure and getting more and more of an angle on the side you are pushing down.......
              thing to lookout for is sitting in one spot and denting the fender,
              if you do this smoothe and constantly move, you can rol them nice and perfect...

Comment

[QUOTE=s2 on the way;230114]all you need is a wooden baseball bat...[QUOTE]

Nope.......
                I would not let any one near my S2 with a bat of any sort .

This was done with body shop tools and alot of skill (if you go to far or wrong the paint is going to crack) . There is a few bolts in there two.

Take it to a body shop
                Chef

Comment

just a suggestion.....

just did it to my buddies b5 s4 avant with some 19x8 in 0z superlegerras,
                  they rolled quite nice...
                  but as you said, the paint did crack a little in a couple of spots (on the innerside of the fender, so you can't see it), but doesnt' all paint crack when stressed that much?
                  the wood is used so the paint doesn't crack....(as much)
                  i've also used a thick wooden dowell too if a baseball bat makes you uncomfortable...

Comment

Quattrofever try them 1st, they may not rub, as James were ET 32 which is 3mm more out.

Doesn't sound alot but it is in wheel terms

Comment

Working...
                    X