oz futura wheel bolt tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oz futura wheel bolt tool?

does anyone have or know of a place where I can purchase these tools...
    10 point 10mm socket and a 10 point 9mm socket (I believe)
    can't find them anywhere and the local wheel shop will take them apart and re-assemble them for me for 350$....too much money there when I can just do it myself...
    any help much appreciated...
    cheers

are these torx style bolts?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      are these torx style bolts?
      don't know what torx style is....
      they look like this
      http://www.titanium-touch.de/werkzeuge_uk.html
      I contacted these guys but no response so i am continuing my search........
      thanks

Comment

tools

hi
        try a snap on dealer

i realize they most expensive out there....but they should be able to help

cheers
        john

Comment

yup, tried the snap on guys and the other tool venders around here, no luck.
          a guy on vortex has one for rent but he's not responding, and I tried to get one from that website, but nada...hopefully something works out or I'm gonna just have to pay the shop to take them apart for me...90$a wheel..

Comment

Hi there i used these kind of spanners to split my BBS LM WHEELS ,although mine have a flex head in the same sizes as yours ,they are a perfect FIT these are on ebay under HALFORDS PRO
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, i had some split rim wheels on my old mk2 golf. I used a halfords pro 1/2" 9mm conventional socket (the ones with 10star), it seemed to fit ok.
              Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
              03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
              01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

thanks for the help guys.
                I searched uk ebay and found a lot of spanners in my sizes, but I don't know about the 10 point or 12 point...
                I hit up a few people asking them about their wrenches..
                i'd think that since 10 point is so rare they would list it, or at least its rare here..
                we have 12 point spanners from snapon and what not, just not the 10......

Comment

This was the socket i used its an 8mm HALFORDS PRO 12 POINT
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

yea, I have some hre's that are 12 point, but my oz's are 10...
                      think I found a kid here that has a set I could borrow....that'd be sweet, we'll see...

Comment

Did you find a supplier for this tool?

Comment

I ended up renting them from a guy here in the states for 50.00$.....
                          I'm sure you could use them too if you had a need..
                          150.00 and when you send them back he refunds you 100.00$
                          couldn't find a manufacturer so that was the best I could do..........

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3236365 or user "power3r hour"

---ps,
                          black looks good off the car, but makes 17's superduper small looking on the car...

"gotta share the photo,,,,my kids first thumbs up day"

Comment

good photo mate. my boy's till at the drooling and flapping hands stage. i'm trying to train him to give me thumbs up too. Good parenting that man
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            1990 CQ20v
                            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X