Need New Tyressss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New Tyressss

Hi guys long time no see i need new tyres for my s2 im located in surre any one know of any cheap tyres going about ??? . Theres a company called www.etyres.co.uk they have got some cheap prices not used them before has any one here used them.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html there cheaper I find and good postage, all you get is the tyre tho, so would have to get it fitted, around a tenner

Comment

Another vote for mytyres. Very good value
      1991 S2 3b, Samco Hoses, RS2 IC, 18'' RS6 Wheels, Forge Dump Valve, Scorpion Exhaust System, Decatted, MRC Remap

Comment

thanks guys i've had a look at the website, but they dont inc. fitting etyres seem to come out and fit the tyres for you where ever you are. I'm gonna give etyres a go. Cant afford to get any points got too many already

Comment

Hi... I spent about an hour just now looking at at the tyre websites that inlcuded fitting and balancing etc... and came up with this at these guys

http://www.bestbuytyres.co.uk/Home.aspx

205/55ZR16 (91) PIRELLI ZERO DIREZ N3 N 4 £ 91.81 £ 367.24

which is £15 a tyre less than www.blackcircles ... I can't see thesen tyres on etyres to make a direct comparison...

I've ordered the tyres now online, and due to get them fitted at a place 6 miles from work on Weds... I'll post on here how I get on !!

Phil
          SOLD !

Comment

I always try these!!

www.mytyres.co.uk
            www.tyretraders.com
            www.elitedirect.com
            www.camskill.co.uk

Also worth checking ebay for bargains.
            '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Anees786 View Post
              Theres a company called www.etyres.co.uk they have got some cheap prices not used them before has any one here used them.
              Yes, I've used them, and never again.

Although they were initially amongst the cheapest, their in-van wheel balancing machine is a hand spin job and either didn't work right or the guy didn't operate it right: had vibration after changing the tyres.

After I'd coughed to have the wheels rebalanced properly - which did completely get rid of the vibration - I would have come out a little cheaper by going to one of my local tyre sheds from the start.

Ck.
              Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

arghhh... so bestbuy tyres called me and said they can't get any Pirelli zero direz n3 tyres... out of stock !!!!.. So I chased around and am totally baffled again...

PLEASE... are Toyo PXT1-R at £70 a time fitted etc any different really to the Toyo PXT1-S for £10 more... OR should I get say Michelin pilot sport at £90...

P
                SOLD !

Comment

NOT many tyres fit the standard 205-55 R16 !!!???

The story so far...

http://www.bestbuytyres.co.uk/Home.aspx - said they can't get Pirelli Zero nero Direz N3

The local tyre people who my MoT garage use told me my wheel size 205-55-R16 is an "old size" and they can opnly get me Bridgestones or some budget tyre I've never heard of..

Lots of discussion about Toyos... but they seem so much cheaper than Michelin or Pirelli that I'm wondering if they are up to that standard!!!

Etyres - someone on heer said not much good

www.elitedirect.com - they only do delivery not fitting and dont help you find a good fitter.

www.mytyres.co.uk AT LAST ...they claim to be able to get the tyres at £79 each inc VAT (and reccommend local fitter who will charge £12 for fitting, valve, balance and disposal...so that's £91 ...still £15 cheaper per tyre than Blackcircles.

[B]HOWEVER... when these online places say they reccommend an "affiliated fitter" .. the fitter I called from theri website didn't actually KNOW he was affiliated... so the suppliers could hardly claim he was someone they had checked out for quality !!! [/B]

such ********ttttt

Phil
                  SOLD !

Comment

Originally posted by philkerswell View Post
                    PLEASE... are Toyo PXT1-R at £70 a time fitted etc any different really to the Toyo PXT1-S for £10 more... OR should I get say Michelin pilot sport at £90...
                    PXT1-R's are gradually replacing the S's. I've got R's and after well over 10k miles there's still about 5mm left all round. The grip is ok for me - but I've not pushed it really really hard (i.e. track) with these tyres (the last set of Bridgestone SO-3's got killed by that ).

Ck.
                    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Try tyres-R-Us on 01213563387

Unit 3 Brookvale Trading Estat Moor Lane Witton , Birmingham, B6 7AQ

They normally are very very good.

Comment

I recently picked up 2 almost new (6-7mm left on each tyre) Michelin 205/35/18's for my A3 on EBay for £64 including postage. £25 for fitting.

Its luck of the draw whether you find any which meet the spec of your car but worth a try if you're not in a hurry.

It was £150+ for two new rears at the local tyre fitter which means I got the front sorted for essentially half price.

00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
                        08 RRS TDV6 HSE
                        03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

Comment

Nothing wrong with Toyo's, lots of us running them on here. My description of them would be quiet softish and fairly sticking. Waay better than the P-zeros I had on there when I bought the car...

Cheers,

Steve.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Hiya guys had my tyres fitted last week, i thought i would try out etyres.co.uk
                            Was a real pleasure doing business with the guys i know some of you have had bad experiences with them but the guys done a free swap over kept me informed what time they were coming, ended up going with the michelins in the end 225/40/18 pilot sport stick to the road like glue.

Comment

I ended up with the Pirelli Pzero Directionale N3 tyres from mytyres.com - £80 incl VAT each plus paid a local (very helpful) tyre guy at D&S Autos in Horfield, Bristol £12+VAT a shot to fit, balance and valve and dispose... so they ended up £94 each.

Also had the four wheel laser alignment for £25...

And that's after a couple of suppliers said they could not get the tyres, or could bot get them in my size!! (*******s) and I was quoted up to £115 for the tyres elsewhere.

Buying online certainly took a bit of effort compared to just driving into Kwikfit and taking whatever they had in stock (which is what usually happens) ...but it was interesting.
                              SOLD !

Comment

Working...
                              X