Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S8 mk1 rim cracked for the second time

Hi Guys,

one of the S8 Avus rims has cracked again at about the same spot as last time. Sould I get it repaired again, or definitive ditch this rim? I feel not really secure anymore with this rim driving 300 km/u

Since nobody does seem to have a spare one for me I almost have no choice in getting it welted for the second time....

Advise please

Me personally ... I would convert into a nice Avus table for the house - with a nice glass insert... No way back on the car.
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

No I wouldnt put it back on either. Bit dangerous for my liking. Get one of the other wheels to make them into a T shape and as s2central says put a glass top on it!

Comment

Personaly, i would take it to another welder...if the weld has cracked, it´s a sign that the weld hasn´t penetrated the aluminium as it should, and therefore isnt done proper. If the metal has cracked to the side of the weld it´s a sign of material fatigue and then i wouldnt risk it either....
        Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

don't take the risk Bram, we want you around a lot longer....

Comment

Wouldnt take the risk.. S8 rim or not, it certainly isnt going to be much of a rim if it goes at 300km/h
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

OK, guys. Thanks for the feedback. I will wait till I find another S8 Avus rim. For now it's in the garage. Table stand........nice idea! Let's see if the lady of the house likes it as well

Comment

keep an eye on ebay.de as I managed to get a spare one and it was a mint one...never seen a tyre....

Comment

Working...
                X