Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxidation removal - tips and products

As happens on my non OEM alloys oxidation has started to appear

Can anyone suggest the best way to remove this and also to stop it happening in the first place.

Thanks

S2 Avant ABY

What sort of finish are they? Painted and lacquered, bare metal and clear lacquer, or bare metal / split rim.

More info or pics needed please.

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

These wheels ... oxidation got worse now.

I think are laquered

S2 Avant ABY

Comment

Wire wool them back, polish by hand, no cleaning solution, relaquer. Or at least thats what I woulld be doing.

Comment

If the lacquer has been damaged only real solution is to have them refinished. If they are bare metal you would know as they would be look awful by now. You could have the lacquer removed and then just polish them every week, but you will soon get bored of that.

You will always struggle to maintain polished wheels with a clearcoat. You need to not kerb them ever and only wash them with shampoo every week. You cannot afford to leave brake dust to eat into them, as this will penetrate the lacquer.

If it was me I would have them powdercoated silver....

HTH

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
          X