18" Bbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" Bbs

Guy's, I've been having a real dilema about a set of wheels I've seen. They are 18" x 8 running 235\40\18 tyres. As far as I can tell from this ofrum they should fit my avant OK but what will they do to the handling/ride quality of the car. Don't want to fit them and end up regretting it. WOuld be an easier decision had I just not fitted 4 new mitchelin primacy's to the 16" avus wheels

I really like these BBS
    1996 Audi S6 Avant.
    1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

All depends on offset/ET on the wheel. I would say it would have to be around the 33-35mm
    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

sorry, forgot to say, they are et35, as I say they will fit, more concerned if 235 tyres will make the car 'track'.
      1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

To be honest i'd think you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between 225 and 235. You may get a bit of tramlining but that could be a number of reasons,tracking/worn bushes and overall set up. If you really like them splash out and get them on.

By the way what BBS's are they?
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

These ones:

1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

looks like a bbs rs. i got the same min 2 piece 17" 8 wide and some rc in 18 8.5 wide 35mm. fit perfectly. drive very nice with solid bushes and poly rest ans koni and whiteline

Comment

17s will be more compliant than 18s but TBH an S2 is never going to ride well and they tramline on stock wheels so I say go for it, they'll look good if nothing else
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Well, no matter anymore, they are sold (not to me). They went up for sale sunday evening, couldnt go last night as I had the kids on my own. Phoned after work tonight and they are away.

Ah well, reckon I'll just use the money to renew some bushes etc for now, hmmmm...maybe shocks.
                1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

There is a cracking set of BBS's for sale on the forum...

Not cheap thoo...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40389

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Yeah, this set I was looking at would have given me change from £300
                    1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

Working...
                    X