No announcement yet.

Restoring original alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have bigger pics but I cannot post them! Email me and I can send them to you.

Comment

I did not do it myself. I found a machine shop with a big enough lathe. I dont think they took much metal off as they were not damaged.
      The first time the finish was much better than the second effort so I would not recomend them!
      I did have my winter wheels bead blasted and powder coated by a firm in Glasgow. They were reasonably priced and the finish was excellent. I have lost the name/address but I will post it if I find it.
      They would probaly also lathe the wheels as well as the design makes this very easy.
      I also recall they were offering a while you wait service but I didnt use it.
      Hope you got the pics

Comment

Cheers,

I have neve seen those wheels look so good
        Attached Files
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

My wheels look like crap compared to them! Dads m8 has a large lathe, must go and visit him! Soon
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Its sounds a bit bad, but I used a suede brush to remove the old lacquer, along with a brass brush on the dremel to get into the harder areas. Once done some Peek metal polish has brought them up really nicely. I'm gonna leave them un-lacquered for a while.
            Next up is to re-paint the contrasting areas - my nearside pair look quite shabby with the grey having chipped etc.

Question is, what to re-paint with?
            Some black smooth hammerite (non crackle finish) comes to mind...

Cheers,
            Nick R
            Nick R
            ---------------------------
            91 3B, 161k, Blue, Milltek.
            Still a supercar ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X