Why shouldn't I buy Falken Fk452's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why shouldn't I buy Falken Fk452's???

Ok, so normally I would be looking for more 'premium' rubber like the goodyear F1 Asyms etc but budget says no. Also, interstingly the reviews and feedback i can find on several forums suggests that the delta between these falkens and the F1's is not massive.

There get rave reviews when used on heavier cars as the tread is slightly harder than the F1's.

Some feedback on pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...20they%20good?

So...for about £275 fitted, simple question: 'Why shouldn't i and if i shouldn't what would you buy instead and why?'

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

I've had a set on mine and no problems, great tyre.
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Ive been looking at these for a few weeks now, and have'nt really found any negative feedback

Comment

Can't fault them, I run them on my avant.
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

David both Tom and i have run these on our RS2s...great tyre in my opinion
          S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

i gad them on my 18" (that we dont talk about! ) and they worked fine for road use. not for trackdays though

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

well thats that then Will get the S2 on axle stands, and get the wheels off and down to Micheldever Tyres for a set then!
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Yup, got a set on my coupe, can't fault them.

Do it.
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
                  i gad them on my 18" (that we dont talk about! ) and they worked fine for road use. not for trackdays though
                  Tell me more on the trackday side of things...likely they will spend 95% of their time on the road but possible they could also take me round the Ring for a handful of hours in June. Bad traits pls?

I went round on Toyo T1-S last time and they were very predictable...

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                    Tell me more on the trackday side of things...likely they will spend 95% of their time on the road but possible they could also take me round the Ring for a handful of hours in June. Bad traits pls?

I went round on Toyo T1-S last time and they were very predictable...

Well, they lasted maybe 1 lap on full, then they got too hot, so i went in all corners with 4-wheel drift, not uncontrolled though, just "slidey" tires, they did not loosen all the grip .

For the ring i would definately buy a set of toyo R-888

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

got a set on my E61 and they are better than the eagle runflats they replaced and half the price. Nothign wrong with them, only slight gripe is they break quite quickly when pushed.

Comment

I seem to remember that they are very heavy. This is unsprung and rotating weight, so the added weight vs. other tyres will have twice the negative impact on acceleration/braking vs. non rotating mass. In other words, if they add 2kg per tyre, that will affect acceleration and braking like adding (almost) 16kg on the chassis.
                        Since the tyre sits farther from the hub, heavy tires are much worse than heavy rims.
                        1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                        1994 80E Avant
                        1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Had a set on my old Passat couple of years ago and were good for the price and although the F1's that replaced them were noticeably better in dry and wet, Falkens were far better once temp dropped toward zero. So if they are to be used all year round, Falkens it is...
                          1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                          2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                          2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Got them on my avant

Comment

Falkens are good tyres, currently got Falken ZE912 on my A4 quattro as they were rated better than the 452's.

Comment

Working...
                              X