18" 8 or 8.5j ET25 on a UrS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" 8 or 8.5j ET25 on a UrS4?

I'm looking to buy some 18" rims but they're a 25et and I think that they're likely to be either an 8 or 8.5J rim, (I'm waiting on a message back.)
    I'll be fitting my 225/40 tyres on them.

Now I'm not certain what offset my S8 reps are, that are on there at the moment but looking down from above the arches it seems that there's a reasonable amount of space to fit a lesser figure offset.

Anybody fitted or trial fitted et25 18" wheels/tyres to their UrS4? Problems?

look for my topic kindergartenrenner.. the lemans reps are et 35 8,5J , the rs6 8J et 30

Comment

I reckon ET25 is too much. I had ET30 on mine a while back and the front looked great but the rears stuck out past the arches.
      '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

et25 on 8,5j will do wth a little stretch

Comment

Cheers both of you.
          Looking at Richard's kindergartenrenner thread it does look like the rs6s (30et) are pretty much full on to the rear arches.
          It does seem that the rears are going to be the problem dagnabbit.

Wonders to himself (skim a couple of mil from the face of the hub and also a couple of mil from the inside face of the wheels hmmmmmmmm???)

No............don't want an early death!
          Arch work?
          Wait for the correct size rims?..................I expect so.

Comment

when there is enough flesh on the center.. no probs.. i

Comment

You seem to have had experience with lots of wheels Richard.
              Is there likely to be enough flesh on the UrS4 standard hubs? Enough on some Mercedes replica wheels? How much would be enough??
              I've got some spare hubs. I'll have a measure.

Comment

i think you should get a sixpack of beer and go to the nearest metal construction company, and ask if the would get 5mm of your inners of the wheels

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X