No announcement yet.

New tyre time - Vredestein Sessanta vs. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 vs. Falken FK452

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyre time - Vredestein Sessanta vs. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 vs. Falken FK452

I think the title says it all really: it's new tyre time, and the couple of places I've asked around are variously suggesting...
    • Vredestein Sessanta
    • Michelin Pilot Sport 3
    • Falken FK452

I've seen the recent thread about FK452's - does anyone have any thoughts / comments / experiences about the others - or other suggestions? Car will be used for (spirited) road driving and occasional track day (if I can afford it in the same year as getting married). Currently on Eagle F1 Asymmetric's which have been good and are also an option.

Ta
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Mixed reports on the Ultrac Sessantas from what i've read.
    Kumho KU31s are a good budget performance alternative to FK452s, worth a look.

IME by far ansd away the best all round tyre is the Bridgie RE050A.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

F1s are on special offer at Camskill.Co.UK
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I'm getting a full set of 225 40 18 452s fitted this weekend for ÂŁ305 all in from macsamstyres.com was considering the Vredesteins also but found mixed reviews on them so thought the 452 were the best compromise. Can't comment on how good they are though!

Comment

i have mine shod in the 452's at the moment but they haven't been used yet until i reinstal the radiator and breather.

They get very good feedback on all manner of cars on pistonheads and seem to work better on heavier cars so the S2 would seem to fit the bill well there too.

Can't wait to get mine used, hopefully in the next week or so
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Had the 452s fitted on Saturday and so far I am very impressed, they have a great feel to them and seem to grip well with not too much noise I haven't had a chance to truly test them out yet but the signs are good.

Comment

I've got Kumohs on mine and very happy with em...

I'm a heavy right footed driver too...

They come highly recommended by my tyre supplier as good value and good long term wear.... Found 'em good in wet & snow also...

Wern't to expensive either 235-40-18's were just over a ton each fitted and balanced...

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Update: had Falken FK452s fitted in the end. Now that they're scrubbed in a bit can comment on them... they're good. Really very good for the price. Not quite as grippy as the previous Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, but much much better than the price difference would suggest. Have had T1-Rs before, and the FK452s are better. Wish that Bridgestone were still making S-02s though...
                Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

yep....4k miles in and the 452's are wearing well,, feel pretty good and grip well for the price. Sure it'll never be the top performer but price v value, they are a bloody good deal IMO.
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X