Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standard S2 Wheels - What are they worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard S2 Wheels - What are they worth?

This is not a 'For Sale' advert so I hope it's in the right place.

Is there a general consensus on the worth/value of a set of 5 original S2 17" wheels & tyres in good condition and including the large centre caps? If it were for the ur quattro then I'd know the answer but I haven't a clue when it comes to the S2.

Three tyres are excellent Michelin Pilot Sport with a good 5mm of tread. The other two are legal (michelin/kleber) but not very great.

I'm reckoning there must be £500 in the set but I'd be keen to hear others views.
    John

A Small Collection...

Original S2 alloys are 16", I purchased 5 off in reasonable condition with Michelins for £220 delivered. Work on £30-40 a wheel depending on condition and tyres IMHO.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I stand corrected!!! They are indeed 16".

Seems a lot of metal and rubber for little money
      John

A Small Collection...

Comment

They're not rare and many people replace them so they're not as desirable as some of the larger rims like the 17" and 18" Avus. As more if condition and tyres are good but you may end up waiting a while.

I sold my original set of Avus rims (4 off) for <£100 for the wheels only.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I sold a set of the 18" Avus Mk1 for £450.00 and they are much more sought after than the 16"...

Andy's guide is about right IMO...

You may get a bit more on Ebay but don't hold your breath for a quick sale....

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

inverse square law comes in.. when you want a set you will have to pay £400. But when your selling there will be heaps.

Comment

I sold a set of 4 with good tyres (4-5mm) in ok condition (a few old curb marks) for £150.

Comment

Wow!

Think yourselves lucky with the S2 then.........

I have paid (on average) £100 per wheel for 15" 7J Fuchs for the quattro without tyres. Thus far, I've bought 13 of them and 4 have turned-out to be junk. Then there's the refurb costs.......
                John

A Small Collection...

Comment

pristine wheels for like new refurbs.

Comment

I think the 16" Avus should go for more money than a set of 4 for 100-150... they certainly aren't a common wheel... but they aren't uber scarce. I think the main trouble with them is that 16" limits the big brake conversion possibiliites and in this day age it seems that everyone expects 18" alloys as a minimum. I might be selling a spare set of Avus rims as well soon , but thats another story. I paid 100-120 for these so market forces will demand 50 quid whenever I stick them on eBay knowing my luck - LOL.
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

there was 3 on ebay with tyres recently at BIN £50-£60,never sold from what i saw

also

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44244

Comment

s2 alloys

i bought a set from audi nat days last yr good cond with rubber for £135

Comment

Originally posted by quattro turbo 550bhp View Post
                          i bought a set from audi nat days last yr good cond with rubber for £135
                          and sold them on Pistonheads for £300 ? (jk)

Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                          England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

I might be interested in buying a set of 4 (or 5) if they were in mint condition.... anyone?

Comment

s2 aloys

Originally posted by BRY View Post
                              and sold them on Pistonheads for £300 ? (jk)

kept them as a spare set actually

Comment

Working...
                              X