s2 spare tyre??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2 spare tyre??

Guys a little help required please just put my 18s on this week obviously they are 225/40/18 now the spare wheel is the standard 16 now if i have a puncture is it ok to use the spare or will it knack the gearbox cheers for any advice

You should be ok... the running size is very similar.. Just don't leave it on for too long - I guess.

I have the same arrangement on mine...

My problem would be if I had a front puncture I would have to swap a rear to the front and put the spare on the rear as I have fitted the 323 brake discs....

My 18's won't fit where the spare is even thoo I have a spare alloy...Grrrrrrrrrrr

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

cheers mate appreciate the advice

Comment

i've just got a ocuple of cans of sealant....if its anything other than a puncture you return while parked up to then the tyre will be destroyed anyway BTDT Saves carrying 40kgs in the boot would have thought a 16 will be fine for short term use though
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

It's the outer diameter that's the issue. Have a measure and see how far out they are. I have both 16" and 17" spares to go with my OE Avus winter and current Dezent summer wheels.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

could be another option....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A6-ALLROA...item3caccbf84d
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-AUDI-A6-M...item5191a2577b

sure that isnt a space saver if it truely IS 18 x 8.5 lol
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-AUDI-A6-M...item5191a2577b

sure that isnt a space saver if it truely IS 18 x 8.5 lol
                Thats what I thought!!

sigpic

Comment

They're space savers because of the tyre. They come deflated (with a small compressor) and flatten quite considerably to the wheel circumference. I have one in the boot on my Merc () and it worked really well when I got a puncture a few weeks ago. I considered the same for my S2 (as I also have a spare S8 wheel) but eventually went for the cheaper and lighter option of cans of sealant.
                  David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                    i've just got a ocuple of cans of sealant....if its anything other than a puncture you return while parked up to then the tyre will be destroyed anyway BTDT Saves carrying 40kgs in the boot would have thought a 16 will be fine for short term use though
                    Lot of the Tintop convertibles take this option now too, specially the PSA cars. Partners old 307cc had block of styrofoam with three tins strapped in. Sure that made sense to someone

I've thought about it for the space it'd free up. under there.

Comment

Looking at tyre size calculator 225/40R18 is only 6mm more in over all diameter than a 225/50R16 which is the stock S2 size? So would be fine to use as a spare I would assume

Comment

standard size is 205/55/16 isnt it? so if there was a puncture i think it would be ok as a short term solution

Comment

205-55-16 I thought.. still wont make much differance..

sigpic

Comment

Ah you're right, was assuming be same as the s6 which runs same wheels

Comment

On that note how is an s2 on 225/50 16 vs 205/55 16?
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                              X