Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tyres!

Hi,

Its tyre replacement time for my (C4) S6 avant.

I want to go from my 255/35/18 tyres to 255/40/18, to get a less bumpy ride, although I am aware that my speed will be faster for the same engine/gearbox speed.

What would you recommend? (I would like to have the tyre rim protector if possible as it saves the wheel rime on the occasional parking event, etc.)

Regards,

Andy H.

Top level are Conti SC3, Eagle F1 Asymmetric, Michelin PS3s, Pirelli P-Zero, all are pretty good at what they do but costly with it I have the Eagles and they're awesome above 5degC and lethal in snow.

Mid range - Toyo T1R, Kumho KU31, Hankook K110, Uniroyal RS2 are all good. All tried and tested except the K110s, I'm running them on my BMW and they're OK so far but not grrrrrrrrreat (yet), I think they need some more abuse.

Don't bother with budget range
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

i'd give the Falken FK452's a vote having stuck them on the s2 recently. They do give up dry grip slightly erlier than the Toyo T1-s (yes S not R) that they replaced but they are predictable and the wet grip was excellent.
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I had Kuhmo's on my RS6, but stuck to the standard size and never had an issue with the ride..

Have you fitted coilovers??

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Yokohama parada 2. done 3000 miles so far, including a weekend at the ring and still got 5000 in em easy. Bit twitchy in the wet mind....:mischeif:

Comment

Another vote for the Falken 452's from me. I paid £305 all in for 225/40/18 from macsamstyres.com fully fitted.

Make sure you get the 452 and not the 912 Falkens though.

Comment

Working...
            X