Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s6 Alloys; Wheel Trim Identification Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s6 Alloys; Wheel Trim Identification Please?

Hello,
    This is one of the wheels on my s6, the wheel trims I got with it never looked like a good fit, plus they have been badly resprayed at some point. Audi don't recognise the p/n for the trim and say it doesn't exist.

Wheel p/n 4A0 601 025 N
    Trim p/n 4A0 601 165 G

So my question is do I have the correct trims in the 1st place? And ultimately where can I buy new replacements?

Thanks in advance.
    Shane

what wheel trims? The centercap or what? You have the S6+ alloy wheels, having in mind it was somewhat of a limited production the ******s at audi probobly don´t even know what car they are from.
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

the centre cap, that's what I'm after. The car is '96 and originated in the UK, so the stealer in Ireland probably has never seen one, when I gave him the chassis number he couldn't get any information for me.
      Shane

Comment

The reason (I Think) the dealers can't find the part number is that you maybe missing the paint code from it.. try the same number with z17 on the end...

I had this problem when I order a new one center cap last week...

HTH...

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

They're S6 plus wheels I think. They never sold them in the UK, so try ebay.de or somewhere like that.

Comment

They are indeed S6plus alloys. The centre cap number you have is correct although you are missing the colour code at the end. Part number would have been 4A0 601 165 G Z17. The colour code wouldn't be on the part but any decent parts person should be able to work it out. If one of my guys gave up that easily he would be getting a steel ruler to the knuckles

They were made obsolete on 01/06/2000. The suggested replacement is a TT centre cap, part number 8N0 601 165 A Z17.

Ben
            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

These centre caps are available from the dealer. Look up my previous posts on the same subject from earlier on this year.

Comment

Pic below is what I have, the Z17 bit isn't written on it so I've learned something today.

To be fair to the guy he called me back with the TT part number suggested. He's also faxed me over a diagram. Maybe the steel ruler approach is taken by more than one..

So the run out s6 was sold with s6+ alloys, I suppose thats a good thing. Couldn't find anything on ebay.de, either for the wheel or the trim.

Ben, do you have any available to you, or would any dealer in the UK have them in stock gathering dust?
                Shane

Comment

Originally posted by dm80 View Post
                  These centre caps are available from the dealer. Look up my previous posts on the same subject from earlier on this year.
                  Cheers, is this the thread?
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44623
                  If so you've got the TT "suggested replacements" any chance of a picture so I can see the fit, are they nice & flush?
                  Shane

Comment

I've got the S6+ wheel with the TT suggested replacements and they fit perfectly. In fact when I compared, it's almost the same centre cap as original just a different part number.

Tom

Comment

Bingo guys,
                      Thanks for the help. Will run with the TT part number so, that'll clean up the look of her another bit. Paint shop next week for cosmetics and I'm sorted (for now).
                      Shane

Comment

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                        Cheers, is this the thread?
                        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44623
                        If so you've got the TT "suggested replacements" any chance of a picture so I can see the fit, are they nice & flush?
                        That's the thread yeah. Part number 8n0 601 165 A Z17 as suggested. If you do your own on-line research you'll see this is correct for the S6 plus wheel.

Onyhoo - attached a couple of pics as fitted to my Passat. Perfectly flush.

I'm surprised no-one has these fitted to a coupe. I reckon they'd look fooking well wicked..

I note you're from Westmeath. I've a mate from Dunfermline who lives there - near Castle Pollard. Anywhere near you?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Perfect and thanks for those photos. The fit is perfect. I like the look of them and definitely intend to put them on the coupe sometime.

Nice job on the VW logo there.

Castlepollard is pretty much the other end of the county, about 30 mins away. I've a few friends up that way, I'll ask if any of them know "the scottish bloke"?
                          Shane

Comment

Bought a set of these for my s6+ wheels late last year, didn't realise that they're fairly easy to steal which is a shame. As mentioned before part number is A 8N0 601 AZ 17.

Comment

Yep my car is a run out model and came with S6+ stereo, interior, black chrome and the wheels, along with miscellaneous other s6+ items. Sprayed the wheels and center caps black to match the silver paintwork with black chrome. It also gaurantee's that no one will nick any bits. Saying that the spare is still silver but I don't keep that in the car as it weighs it down
                              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                              X