Wheel/Hub Adapter advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel/Hub Adapter advice please

As most of you know, I am putting RS2 panels on my avant. Currently I have S8s on it but I think the 993 porsche twists would look great on it, so I have a few questions...

Are hub adaptors really a good idea? I.e. on the ring, will they take the punnishment?

Does anyone know the size of front 993 Turbos? I saw the tyre on one that dad had in for painting had 225s on it so i figure they'd be about the right size?

Should I try and get two sets of fronts, or just get reps?

What size adaptors and where from?

Cheers guys.

Oh, i was looking at these

Le Mans 2012
    Nurburgring 700
    1995 S2 Avant

get the RH reps, and the 5x112->5x130 adaptors from them also...
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

RH reps?

Le Mans 2012
      Nurburgring 700
      1995 S2 Avant

Comment

http://www.rh-wheels.com/index.cfm?P...tail&PID=77431
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

if your gettin reps would it not be better to get some 5x112 reps from the start and then no adapters needed? ive got 996 turbo twists and they're 8jx18 et50 and they also run 225 tyres as standard

Comment

I have been looking at doing sum wheel adaptors, to go with the wheel spacers i do.

There are some out there that have a metal treaded insert pressed into the alum, and sum that just have the alum tapped out, to hold the wheel on

I would defo get the ones that have a metal insert pressed into the adaptor!!

Comment

Originally posted by bambridge View Post
              I have been looking at doing sum wheel adaptors, to go with the wheel spacers i do.
              Now you say that?

H&R convertors are about 300-400, NIP runs them with no problems

I went RS2 hub route, wish I hadn't pain in the **** to change but then if I had stuck with 5x112 I would never have discovered how bad my old bushes and joints were

Comment

Cheers, they look good but are 8.5"...

Originally posted by sam80quattro View Post
                if your gettin reps would it not be better to get some 5x112 reps from the start and then no adapters needed? ive got 996 turbo twists and they're 8jx18 et50 and they also run 225 tyres as standard
                Nice thought, but they are very hard to come by!
                Originally posted by bambridge View Post

There are some out there that have a metal treaded insert pressed into the alum, and sum that just have the alum tapped out, to hold the wheel on

I would defo get the ones that have a metal insert pressed into the adaptor!!
                Get on it then! Although rather than having tapped inserts, I'd rather have studs on the 5x130 part as per RS2...

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                Now you say that?

H&R convertors are about 300-400, NIP runs them with no problems

I went RS2 hub route, wish I hadn't pain in the **** to change but then if I had stuck with 5x112 I would never have discovered how bad my old bushes and joints were
                Yeah, I was looking at the H&R adaptors and the RS2 hub route... Both are expensive I guess, at least the RS2 route would give me the correct rear brakes, which I know not everyone likes but they look better behind the wheels!

Only problem with the RS2 route is that the S8s will no longer fit, nor will the OE Avus's for track day use, so I'd need to get more than one set of wheels!

Le Mans 2012
                Nurburgring 700
                1995 S2 Avant

Comment

what about these as they are up for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                    what about these as they are up for sale?

Sorry mate, split rims not my cup of tea!

Le Mans 2012
                    Nurburgring 700
                    1995 S2 Avant

Comment

or you could beg the guy I sold my porsche turbo's too a while ago and see if he will sell, 5x112 18 inch and afaik not been used yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                        or you could beg the guy I sold my porsche turbo's too a while ago and see if he will sell, 5x112 18 inch and afaik not been used yet.
                        They were also 8.5" though weren't they?

What are the S8s actually?

Le Mans 2012
                        Nurburgring 700
                        1995 S2 Avant

Comment

s8 are 8", et 48

the rh are 8.5", but they are et 60, and adapter is 20mm thick i think, so that is et 40.

with a mean camber it could fit under the rear arch without fouling the hub...
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                          X