Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions about Toyo Proxes T1R on RS2

Hi,

i got a relative good deal on them and i would like to hear your opinion.

Dimension 225/40/18 on 8x18 wheels.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

I have them on my S2 coupe and think they're great.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I had them on my 90q for 3 years, great tyres but they do wear.

Comment

i like them to be a bit softer.....I don't do many kilometres so i need them to be longer soft. The dunlops i have right now have 6mm profile but the rubber doesn't grip even after a twisted road on 30 degrees celcius.

The alternative is Bridgestone S001. Do you think they are better?
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

If I was picking out a summer / light-track tyre for a Sunday car, it would be the T1R.

My Coupe however, is more of an all-weather daily driver, so I went with the Contisports.

Great tyre, if appropriate for purpose.
          1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
          A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

There going to be soft, look at any good summer tyre there all soft that's how you get the grip so they get warm quicker. T1R's are very good for the money but like Dan I run Conti sport contact 2's and are better. IMOA
            Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

They can't be too soft, i had one set on the rear last for over a year, which included 10k miles and 25 laps of the ring

Comment

I'm surprised they lasted one lap of the ring the way you go at it
                1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

I have them on my Clio. They seen a little weak in the wet but dry seems fine. Rainsport 2 are a better all weather tyre for similar money and Kumho, Hankook and a few others offer similar dry weather performance. Overall, can't go too far wrong but they'll not be on a par with the premium brands.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

They go well on my clio also... seems to go through them on the front quite quickly though.

Comment

Compared to the bidgestone s001? Should I prefer them over the toyos?
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I have the Toyo´s on my coupé aswell 235/40/18. The only issue i have with them is that if the car is parked up for a while, i get a flatspot on the tires. But it get´s "massaged" out quite easy. Otherwise a great tyre!
                        Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

I've run the T1-R alot, always worked well for me. Fronts were often dead after 10k but I'd get double that outta the rears. Certainly worked well in the dry and I didn't have any issues in the wet either - could get a bit of wheel spin easily but then they'd always hook up and give traction.

I've got a set of Eagle F1 Assymetric II to trial, got them at £95/corner and though it was worth a punt - still got winter tyres on it at the moment
                          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

any comment on the bridgestone S001?
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Kumho ecsta spt ku31's amazing tire or the ku39 which it is being replaced by. Could not break traction at the drag strip amazing in the wet used them in the snow. Lasted 15-25k miles a set depending on type of use.
                              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                              X