mobile tyre fitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile tyre fitters

What company do people use to fit tyres bought of the web?

Are mobile tyre fitters any good?

Been knocked back by a few local places because I bought the tyres outside of their company ( t-pots )

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Been knocked back by a few local places because I bought the tyres outside of their company ( t-pots )
    No way,I can't understand that.Around here most places charge about £13 per tyre to fit,seen as they can do a set of 4 in about 15 minutes I can't understand them turning you down. Dentists earn less than that per 20 minutes

Comment

E tyres,,

Comment

Legacy of the chav scene in the city running stretched tyres and then blaming the fitters for tyre failures

Comment

I've always found a friendly garage who have an alloy machine, drop them £40, and all good to go.

I remember having 5 or 6 places turn me away though whilst looking.
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

have you thought about using the gas in the tyre trick lol... 4.99 and a pair of hairy ones is all thats required...

Comment

I would just take them to Bahnstorm but i need them done asap, I remember having this issue before but found a friend of a friend to do it at kwik fit for £20 but thats no longer on

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI38R...eature=related

although im not sure they had any wheel left,,

Comment

The amount of videos on youtube is scary using that technique

Comment

National will do them for £12 a corner, they are only 1 mile away so will use them this lunch time

Comment

In the end National did it for £10.10 a corner because it was a cash payment, result

Comment

Good job Jamo, this one pisses me off too, basically they want everyone to pay their sky-high tyre prices so they can double their income for the time spent. Fair enough, but they should provide a service and put a price one it.

Imperial Tyres near me are great but they do charge about £14+vat a corner, it's just a bit too steep, I'm looking for a place i can take my alloys in and have them do it for an hourly rate. Even if it's £60/hr it should only cost 30 quid. There's a national down the road that seems quiet, maybe they'd appreciate the business... i need to swap from my winters now it's nearly august - may car's been off the road that long
                        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

only an idiot says no when you wave cash under their nose
                          My local place does a pair for £15 inc new valves as long as I take them the rim and tyre off the car
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yeah I don't understand it, the price included taking off the old alloys and fitting the new ones, should have seen the faces when the rims came off, you car has Porsche brakes!

Comment

Can top that!
                              Went to my local branch of Bathwick Tyres which was absolutely deserted but with 3 fitters standing around. Young kid comes up to me and I explain what I want, which was to remove a brand new unused tyre from one rim, remove the u/s tyre from another and then fit the new one. No problem he said cheerily.
                              Just as we got the wheels near the machine, one of the other blokes walks up and says that he better quote a price. He goes back to the other guy standing around, comes back and says £46 per wheel, so that would be £92 in total! So thats £92 to remove 2 tyres and fit one, balanced/valve etc. I pointed out that it would be cheaper to buy a good quality replacement than fit the brand new unused tyre I already had.
                              Needless to say I attempted to leave in a cloud of tyre smoke but had to make do with a plume of diesel fog! To be fair the young bloke was very apologetic as he could see how stupid the situation was.
                              Went down the road and they did it for a £10!

Comment

Working...
                              X