Coupe offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe offset

Hi Guys, just wanted some advice on wheel offsets, I have a 16v coupe and the 4 stud wheels (I know it sucks!). I have been looking for wheels for some time now on ebay and have come across some cheap Azev A's that just need a refurb and some decent tyres (toyo's my choice). These wheels however are ET35 and on my original wheels it says ET37, now would these fit given there is only 2mm difference, or am I just making up my own rules....?!?

Could anyone confirm what the offset is for the 16v coupe and what other car's are likely to share the same offset VW/BMW?

Could this ET35 on ET37 be overcome by using spacers?

Cheers
    Rosco

they will fit fine if they are not bigger then 8" wide,if you put a spacer on it will reduce the ET,so the 2mm spacer will give ET33 not ET37
    REGARDS
    RIX

Comment

Agree with RIX, the offset wont be a prob, i run a ET35 et on a 7.5 x 17 and wish i had a 10 mm spacer to make the back ET25 would look better!
      Ragusa Coupe gone!
      sigpic
      VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
      VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
      vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Originally posted by groofosp
        Agree with RIX, the offset wont be a prob, i run a ET35 et on a 7.5 x 17 and wish i had a 10 mm spacer to make the back ET25 would look better!
        hi forge have very nice 10mm and 15 mm spacers including studs and lock nuts

Comment

Great news, thanks lads. I think i'm gonna wrap them in some sticky toyo proxes tyres from mytyres.co.uk.

One more question is there a site for conversion or could anyone tell me what size tyres would suit these wheels best, e.g. keep the same rolling diameter as to not play with the speedo readings?

I currently have the stock 10 spoke 16v alloys with 205/60/15's and new wheels being 7.5 x 16 Azev A's.

Comment

Originally posted by RoscoS2
            One more question is there a site for conversion or could anyone tell me what size tyres would suit these wheels best, e.g. keep the same rolling diameter as to not play with the speedo readings?
            This may help.... Posted before

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

David

Comment

Originally posted by RoscoS2
              Great news, thanks lads. I think i'm gonna wrap them in some sticky toyo proxes tyres from mytyres.co.uk.

I currently have the stock 10 spoke 16v alloys with 205/60/15's and new wheels being 7.5 x 16 Azev A's.
              You should have no problem with a 225X50-16 tire. I run that size on my coupe and no problem with anything rubbing.

Greg
              They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
              X