Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what 18" tire size on an UrS4 avant with S8 mk1 rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what 18" tire size on an UrS4 avant with S8 mk1 rims?

Thinking about fitting S8 mk1 rims (with some spacers) to my UrS4 Avant, but not sure about the tire size yet. The Avant is not yet lowered, so would like advise that will fit OEM car height and maybe a 30mm lowered height as well.

I always found 225 width not good for the S8 mk1 rims. too tight on the rims.

Will the size 235/45 R18 fit, or should I go for 235/40 R18?

245/40 go fine,I had them on my s6 recently(the very alloys you just bought).225/40 didn't look right in my opinion

Comment

in combination with 15mm spacers?

Comment

225/40/18 on mine. Could have done with 235/40/18. I tried 245/45/18 which rubber on the strut (spring cup.) My car is lowered on Konis not sure what the drop is but looks good.
        Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
        Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
          in combination with 15mm spacers?
          I had 10mm on but could have done with being a bit more

Comment

http://12v.org/wheel_gallery/

Comment

I don't have the mk1s, but I run 18x8 Avantgardes ET32 with 245/35s on my urS4. The car is lowered with Sachs Sport springs which, per the TÃœV documentation, lower the car 45mm. No problems....except for the skid plates dragging the road in dips. Lots of fun........especially at night.

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
                225/40/18 on mine. Could have done with 235/40/18. I tried 245/45/18 which rubber on the strut (spring cup.) My car is lowered on Konis not sure what the drop is but looks good.
                Did you use spacers on the hubs?

Comment

Comment

Instead of opening a new tread for a simple question i will ask here. I found an OE Audi A5 rims 8.5J X 18" ET 29. Tires fitted will be 245/40 R18. Will they fit on my UrS4 lowered with Eibach without any mods? I am thinking of getting A5 rims with aggressive ET to eliminate the spacers. Thanks!
                    UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Originally posted by wug View Post
                      Instead of opening a new tread for a simple question i will ask here. I found an OE Audi A5 rims 8.5J X 18" ET 29. Tires fitted will be 245/40 R18. Will they fit on my UrS4 lowered with Eibach without any mods? I am thinking of getting A5 rims with aggressive ET to eliminate the spacers. Thanks!
                      They will fit. I had 18 inch x 8.5j with a ET30 offset on my S4 with 255/35/18 tyres. They looked great on the front as they really filled the arches, however they did stick out a little past the rear arches.
                      '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Nice! Thanks for info!
                        UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Using Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 255/35/18 on my std height UrS6 on my mk 1 S8 rims. Can't remember the size of the spacers, I think 10mm all round, but not sure.

255 is a little bit wide for an 8" rim, and the car could do with being lowered an inch, but still looks lovely.

they're not as comfortable as 17" 255/40/17 S6+ rims, and most definitely not as comfortable as 225/50/16, but look way better on an inversely proportional basis.

225/40/18 are ok on a B4, but easy to scrape the rim, 235 or 245 are probably best on a UrS6, but I wanted as wide as reasonable on an 8" rim so went with 255.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post

Car, paint colour, wheels, stance, interior, no chrome - pretty much knocks it out of the park !

IMHO.

Anyone have any more details or photos ?

Hadn't seen this photo, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                              Car, paint colour, wheels, stance, interior, no chrome - pretty much knocks it out of the park !

IMHO.

Anyone have any more details or photos ?

Hadn't seen this photo, thanks for sharing.

Totally agree!! Its the best i have seen! Do you think the Ecru interior is helping it stand out/enhancing the look?
                              Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 18 March 2015, 09:39.
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                              X