Stock RS4 on S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock RS4 on S2

Is it possible to mount these 255/35/18 weels on a (my) S2 Coupé with KW suspension? I might have the chance to get a set for 1000Euro only.
    I think MTM had the RSR with 265 tires on the front (ok with different mudguard). Another S2 in Germany has 265 on the back as far as I know.
    Marcel

Re: Stock RS4 on S2

Originally posted by fendent
    Is it possible to mount these 255/35/18 weels on a (my) S2 Coupé with KW suspension? I might have the chance to get a set for 1000Euro only.
    I think MTM had the RSR with 265 tires on the front (ok with different mudguard). Another S2 in Germany has 265 on the back as far as I know.
    I very much doubt it as the RS4 has quite a unique offset of 20mm
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

They will stick out 17mm more than the standard wheels, then you add on the extra width of the wheels - 7" to 8.5", that's another 17ish mm to stick out - I don't see it working - I doubt there is enough metal in the hub of the wheel that you can even machine it down.

I'll also add, are they the soft version or that later hard version?

It is probably easier getting replica 18" RS4 wheels which are cheaper than 1000 Euros anyway - definitely stronger than the soft RS4 wheels - an RS4 bent one of it wheels while following me - I had 18inch Replicas at the time.

And genuine centre caps can be modded to fit replica wheels

HTH
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Centre cap modified.

You need trim some plastic. I also used a couple of cable ties to keep the spring in place.
        Attached Files

Comment

You might also struggle getting anything over 235 wide tyres up there. I have 235 on the front they are about 8mm away from the steering arm and the suspension spring base. They are also rubbing on the wing under braking (I need to get a few mm machined off the wheel)

I see you have the KW suspension which has narrower springs(narrower spring base), I think, but the steering arm is going to stop you mounting the wheel further in.

HTH

Comment

Thank you guys. I think I don't go for them. The main reason is I don't get Audi's approval and that will definitely cause more problems with the police or the authorities that make technical checks every couple of years.

Marcel
            Marcel

Comment

Working...
            X