Porsche wheels on RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche wheels on RS2

I am new to the forum and to rs2 . However I am a Porsche guy and collected few sets of Porsche wheels in the last 10 years. Today tried to fit BBS rs2 18' with 225 , fronts from my old 996, they look good but offset 45 looks a bit to agresiive , not sure if it's going to rub wheel arches Or not .Also have a question about the center bore , what do I need to do to make it right?
    I think the Bbs from Porsche bolted ok to the hub but reading about center bore difference can't be 100% positive. Please help.

Originally posted by Miha4x4 View Post
    I am new to the forum and to rs2 . However I am a Porsche guy and collected few sets of Porsche wheels in the last 10 years. Today tried to fit BBS rs2 18' with 225 , fronts from my old 996, they look good but offset 45 looks a bit to agresiive , not sure if it's going to rub wheel arches Or not .Also have a question about the center bore , what do I need to do to make it right?
    I think the Bbs from Porsche bolted ok to the hub but reading about center bore difference can't be 100% positive. Please help.
    Welcome

You will need to enlarge the centre bore for the hubbs, they will need to go on the lathe

Rs 2 offset is 55 for the 17s

My RH reps are et52 j 8.5 18s and they fit well
    RS 2 580HP

Comment

welcome

Original RS offset is ET52 & the centrebore is a 72.6 however all Porsche wheels are drilled with a 71.6 centrebore meaning the inside of the centrebore needs to be shaved/machined away (we are talking 1mm here!!)

if your wheels have a enough 'meat' on the centreboss (back of the wheel) you could possible machine away 3mm making your wheels ET48, meaning they will sit 3mm further in.

I have had my Porsche wheels machined out for my RS2 - very straight forward procedure

Hope this helps : )
      '83 URQ - Full 20V Conversion - Pearl White
      '85 URQ - 20V Conversion - White
      '88 URQ - Nile Green - SOLD
      '95 RS2 - Ragussa Green
      '95 S2/RS2 Coupe - Blue
      '00 B5 RS4 - White - SOLD
      '01 B5 RS4 - Black

Comment

On my build wheels I bored mine out to 73.1. See Build wheels

Comment

Thank you everybody for the help. Great to have forum like this.
          Here is US not too much info about RS2.
          I talked to my machinist today and taking the wheels to him tommorow .
          I will probably keep the bbs RS2 with Porsche bore and use Porsche classic 18' wheels.

Comment

with my rs2 hubs i decided to get hubs machined as that way i could fit any porsche wheels i wanted.

Comment

need advice ...... got confused a bit ...

I'm looking at 996 turbo wheels R18"
              front 7,5"J, ET50 with tires 225/40
              rear 10,0"J, ET65 with tires 265/35

Is here everything OK ? Especially I'm worried about rear size, will they fit ?

And what is CB on RS2 wheels ? 72.6 or 73.1 ?
              I know that OEM Audi RS2/Porsche Cup's (8A0601025P) has ET55, not ET52

Originally posted by IshQC View Post
              Original RS offset is ET52 & the centrebore is a 72.6
              Originally posted by saltinot View Post
              On my build wheels I bored mine out to 73.1

Comment

225/40 r18 and 255/35 r18 is same size.

Comment

OK.
                  But what about 10.0J ET65 for rear ? Numbers looks scary ....

Comment

Originally posted by sailaz View Post
                    OK.
                    But what about 10.0J ET65 for rear ? Numbers looks scary ....
                    I'm not an expert here but....

ET 65 puts your wheel 10mm inwards compare to the original ET55
                    The 10j it's widening your wheel 3 inches

To me it's a no go but not potentially for the arches rubbing but for the rear suspension arm.

I run 225/45/17 on 8J et52 Cup 1 front and rear and there's not much room left between tire and arm in the back, more or less 1/1.5 cm.
                    Previous owner of the wheels was running them on RS2 with 245/40/17
                    http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
                      To me it's a no go but not potentially for the arches rubbing but for the rear suspension arm.
                      yes, as I have mentioned before this is my biggest concern .. And worst thing is that I can't put for try out those Porsche wheels on RS2 because of CB diameter ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Does it not damage the 4wd system with different size wheel

Comment

Only diameter I think width is OK

Comment

I bought a set of Porsche Cup 3 wheels 18x8.5J ET52, when I dropped them off at VRS was told they'd foul the suspension and handle like a bag of s**t cos they're so heavy. Trying my best to find some lightweight wheels but finding some that fit an RS2 isn't easy at all, in fact it's next to impossible!!
                            RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                            RS2 - LHD on the road again
                            RS2 - reduced to component parts
                            RS2 Saloon replica
                            A4 1.8T
                            BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curlylee View Post
                              Does it not damage the 4wd system with different size wheel
                              original diameter is 634mm.
                              the set I have shown here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...6&postcount=11 is not good, at the rear should be 255/35 size tire (as silizium posted) which gives 635mm diameter, and front 225/40 gives 637mm.
                              2mm difference .....

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                              Only diameter I think width is OK
                              yes, diameter has to match, width is not effecting quattro.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X