Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need urgent help from any fellow German-speaking member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need urgent help from any fellow German-speaking member.

Today, my RS2 suffered a minor accident. Nothing's too serious except that one of my wheels broke into pieces.. My insurance agent is unable to estimate the damage because we have no way to figure out how much the new wheel costs.

My wheel is 18-in MTM Cup 1 wheel, and I believe Weinkath is the one who manufactures them.

I got their telephone number and called them earlier today.. But, as I have absolutely no knowledge in German language, Weinkath people and I couldn't communicate effectively.

Could any of you fellow members (who can speak German and preferably living in Germany) talk to them and figure out the availability of the RS2 wheel and the price (and possibly shipping cost to Seoul, South Korea?)

My wheel spec is 18x8.5 ET 52mm.

I emailed them twice, but they said they didn't received my emails.

Weinkath is located in Bornheim, Germany and their number is 02227 80 476
    Their email address is rolf@weinkath-carwheels.de

On another note, if you happen to know anyone is selling a used MTM Cup 1 wheel, please let me know.

Your help is much appreciated...
    Last edited by huksa; 20 August 2013, 14:36.

Originally posted by huksa View Post
    Today, my RS2 suffered a minor accident. Nothing's too serious except that one of my wheels broke into pieces.. My insurance agent is unable to estimate the damage because we have no way to figure out how much the new wheel costs.

My wheel is 18-in MTM Cup 1 wheel, and I believe Weinkath is the one who manufactures them.

I got their telephone number and called them earlier today.. But, as I have absolutely no knowledge in German language, Weinkath people and I couldn't communicate effectively.

Could any of you fellow members (who can speak German and preferably living in Germany) talk to them and figure out the availability of the RS2 wheel and the price (and possibly shipping cost to Seoul, South Korea?)

My wheel spec is 18x8.5 ET 52mm.

I emailed them twice, but they said they didn't received my emails.

Weinkath is located in Bornheim, Germany and their number is 02227 80 476
    Their email address is rolf@weinkath-carwheels.de

On another note, if you happen to know anyone is selling a used MTM Cup 1 wheel, please let me know.

Your help is much appreciated...
    Hi, As Rare as rocking horse Sh-t and NLA, got a set of cup3s to suit if interested
    RS 2 580HP

Comment

I have called them couple times but number was busy. I wrote email also to email adress that you wrote and will let you know if they amswer. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
        Hi, As Rare as rocking horse Sh-t and NLA, got a set of cup3s to suit if interested
        Photos ?

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
          Thanks for the offer, but I like the Cup 1 and only need 1 wheel..
          Anyhow, I would like to see what Cup 3 look like.

Originally posted by BosnianS2 View Post
          I have called them couple times but number was busy. I wrote email also to email adress that you wrote and will let you know if they amswer. I hope this helps.
          I got hold of them yesterday on the phone, but we couldn't make out conversations. (Wish I knew German!!). He spoke some English, though. I think he said the wheel is still available, but I couldn't figure out how much it cost.. (I don't know German numbers and he doesn't seem to know English numbers.) Thank you for your help in advance!

Comment

Ask him to send you an email with the information and use Google translate to figure it out. I assume the German currency will be Euros

Comment

Originally posted by huksa View Post
              Thanks for the offer, but I like the Cup 1 and only need 1 wheel..
              Anyhow, I would like to see what Cup 3 look like.

I got hold of them yesterday on the phone, but we couldn't make out conversations. (Wish I knew German!!). He spoke some English, though. I think he said the wheel is still available, but I couldn't figure out how much it cost.. (I don't know German numbers and he doesn't seem to know English numbers.) Thank you for your help in advance!
              So my friend, i was able to reach this guy on phone and i have following info:

This wheel is still available and it costs 440 Euro. However shipping to your country is very complicated, man told me, especially because you have company adress, but if you gave him private adress than it would be easier but in either case expensive.

Also you need to look if your wheel is really made by Weinkath or APC. If by some reason wheel is made by APC, then he would have one used wheel that he can paint in same color like yours ( apparently your wheel is painted on car color seen from pictures that this guy received from you) and sell you for less money.

In either case it is very hard to ship stuff to your country he said dueto strange gouverment regulations from your country.

There, i hope you know now what you wanted

Comment

^^^

Thank you so much!

I was also able to reach Weinkath people with help from my German-speaking friend at work. He told me same things as you did, but there was no mention about "strange government regulations." Anyway, I can sort it out, I think.

It turned out that my wheel is made by ACP. I don't know the difference of ACP and Weinkath. I will check with Weinkath.

Ouch!!!

Comment

Well i dont know what exactly problem was, but he said that it is very complicated to ship stuff to your country and what he was trying to explain to you but apparently language differences were problem, but anyway, glad that you got it sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by BosnianS2 View Post
                    Well i dont know what exactly problem was, but he said that it is very complicated to ship stuff to your country and what he was trying to explain to you but apparently language differences were problem, but anyway, glad that you got it sorted out.

Update.. I've have a talk with Weinkath today myself. Still hard to understand each other, but I think we are making some progress.

I am expecting he would get back to me through email with pricing including shipping charges. I hope I get some more info by next week.

From my experience, I have had no problem getting car parts from Germany. DHL, Deutche Post, & Fedex delivered merchandise to me always on time.

My far-fetched theory is that, many people can't tell South Korea from North Korea.. North Korea is a big problem...

Comment

I think you still can fix this Rims if you're in Thailand.the cost fixing this not more than $100USD.
                      one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

^^^

I have kinda hoped the wheel is fixable. But I wouldn't have it repaired even if I could. We drive out Audis fast, and our safety depends on the integrity of all parts involved. Just my thought..

Comment

I think if you got it fixed by the professional so he can tell you if
                          The wheel is useable regarding the safety concern.I have seen even more worse
                          than yours.
                          one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Working...
                          X