newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question

hi i am new here, i know i dnt have an s2 but still, i actually have a 91 coupe quattro 20v and i am looking into buying 17" wheels but was wondering what the largest tyre width is that i can fit without rubbing??
    thanks
    anton
    91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
    KW V2s and other goodies
    now gone
    03' BMW 330CI - Sold
    08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
    57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Originally posted by anton
    hi i am new here, i know i dnt have an s2 but still, i actually have a 91 coupe quattro 20v and i am looking into buying 17" wheels but was wondering what the largest tyre width is that i can fit without rubbing??
    thanks
    anton
    Hi Anton

If it is the same space in Your wheel well as in the S2 there are no problem running 245 rear and 225 in front. If You have lowered it just be careful making fully turns and bumps. The front wheel might scratch the metal!

Comment

thanks
      anton
      just incase you didnt know most ford, some mazda, peugot, audi have 4x108 cnts and dont forget if your running differnt widths back and front that your overall diameter needs to be the same 225/40/17 will be a different diameter to 245/40/17, also if your planning on big brakes in the future make sure your choice of rim doesn't cause you prob's, compomotive wheels are ideal and come pretty cheap second hand

Comment

My CQ20v has 225x40x18's and they fit perfectly. Having said that i would buy 16" or 17" if i had the choice.

thanks
        anton
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I fitted 215/40-18's with standard offset on my cq20v, to be on the safe side. It's also pretty low, but no problems. But there is enough clearance for wider. In hindsight i could have got 225's, like Mark. I'm not sure about any wider than that though. It gets pretty close to the track-rod end.
          SS

Comment

thanks for the info guys think im gonna get 225 front and rear but will check prices first as i dont want spent silly prices
            thanks anton
            91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
            KW V2s and other goodies
            now gone
            03' BMW 330CI - Sold
            08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
            57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

Working...
            X