urS6 - Max 18" Tyre Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urS6 - Max 18" Tyre Question

I have a urS6, and four mk 1 S8 rims - 8 x 18. ET 48.

I want to fit a large size tyre to the rims and have them fit under the arches. Sick of eventually kerbing the rims, no matter how careful one is.

1. I'm thinking 255/35/18 to maintain the correct rolling radius, with say 15mm spacers ?

2. Also most likely want to lower it a bit in the future, from standard ride height, but by not more than 40mm.

3. Has anyone used a wider 18" diameter tyre than 255 ?

4. A 285/30/18 tyre may not be the best width to fit the arch, or width to fit a 'only' an 8" rim ?

5. Any advices on 19' rims on a urS6 ? While a bit too big for me, I am still curious on what people advise re 19' rims.

6. Any comments or advices please.

Thanks.

Width won't be a problem, height will.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/ Use this to compare with your current wheels, so you have a reference point.

Size of the spacer depends on the ET of the wheel, if ET is high (e.g. ET48) you'll need bigger spacer, if ET is small (e.g. ET30) it's possible you won't need any.

The calculator above should be all you need, to find best size tyre for your needs.

EDIT: 285 on 8" rim will look bad IMO, as width difference is 8cm, so side walls will be wider than the rim. for 285 you'd need 9,5" rim.

At least that's what I would've done.
    Last edited by hunker7; 6 September 2014, 10:18.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
    X