Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

What do you guys think about these tires?

I need to order some new tires for my RS2 and I found a decent price on these so I would like to have some opinions or experiences before I do.

Thanks in advance

Good tyres, a friend bought these for his Porsche and was very impressed. Pilot Sport 3 is the later version. Continental Sport Contact 3 & 5 are also worth a look for all weather summer tyres. What are you using them for? For sports summer driving consider the Yokohama AD08.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
      Good tyres, a friend bought these for his Porsche and was very impressed. Pilot Sport 3 is the later version. Continental Sport Contact 3 & 5 are also worth a look for all weather summer tyres. What are you using them for? For sports summer driving consider the Yokohama AD08.

Thanks for quick response Rusty.

Well I do drive my Audi only in summer and when I do i give it hell all the time, so as you stated it i need a tire for summer sports driving , however they need to be good in wet also as here i Germany we get also plenty of rain in summer so i dont wont to fly of the Autobahn when it starts to rain.

Comment

I normally fit Bridgestone to stuff, but put a pair of PS2's on the back of my S2 as it was all local place had at the time.

They are on the back and feel very confident. So far no complaints. I will be putting a matching pair on the front once car is back together.

Comment

Originally posted by BosnianS2 View Post
          What do you guys think about these tires?

I need to order some new tires for my RS2 and I found a decent price on these so I would like to have some opinions or experiences before I do.

Thanks in advance
          I put 4 on my A6 3.0tdi quattro Avant a few months ago. (255/35-19, at £160 ea- Tyreuniverse. Cheapest by about £20)

Just brilliant- smooth, quiet, and grippy as hell!! No question whether or not i would recommend.

Has the PS2 now been superceded by PS3??

Comment

i had them on mine and frankly didn't rate them in the wet at all. Great at speed in the dry but i still remember trying to turn in a car park following the road round and the car just broke grip. Never ever experienced it in the same location with any other tyre. I got them off the car pretty quickly after that!
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              i had them on mine and frankly didn't rate them in the wet at all. Great at speed in the dry but i still remember trying to turn in a car park following the road round and the car just broke grip. Never ever experienced it in the same location with any other tyre. I got them off the car pretty quickly after that!
              Well i'm running mine through the winter so fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                That sounds scary, but you dont think that something was there on the road that caused your lost of grip? Was you turning hard in or just normal speed?

Comment

I'd recommend the Pilot Super Sports. I have some on my UrS4 and my roommate on his 500hp B5S4 Avant. Very grippy, quiet and compliant on rough roads.

Compared to the Pilot Sport PS2's, the PSS are a much newer design. They are an updated version with developments gained through their work at Le Mans (and other racing events).

LINK
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                  2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                  2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                  1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                    I'd recommend the Pilot Super Sports. I have some on my UrS4 and my roommate on his 500hp B5S4 Avant. Very grippy, quiet and compliant on rough roads.

Compared to the Pilot Sport PS2's, the PSS are a much newer design. They are an updated version with developments gained through their work at Le Mans (and other racing events).

LINK
                    Totally agree with your comments, but price difference between PS2 and PSS here in Germany made me go with PS2. I dont think I use my car that much on limit to justify the difference in price in my case.

Comment

Working...
                    X