Wheel Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Bolts

I just cleaned up my other set of alloys with Toyo T1R's to fit, only to find i've completely lost my set of tapered wheel bolts.

The Speedline's i have fitted are radius, so i guess i'll be getting another set, only i can't remember what thread i should be getting.

Can someone confirm? IIRC it's M14x1.5 30mm.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Pretty sure they're 27mm. But wait for someone that knows for sure!!

Comment

27 or 30, no matter. M14 x 1.5 is correct
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cheers!

Anyone have a recommended place to get them? Or a place to get tyres changed in Milton Keynes after one of the valves blew out during cleaning!? Glad that didn't happen whilst they were on the car!
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I ran 40mm bolts on my aftermarket wheels, which gives a bit of head room for track use

I recently went for an 80mm stud conversion with both taper and radius seat bolts. £59 all in from 'maps' on eBay. Good quality stuff but not track tested them yet.

I have a full set of taper seat 33mm long bolts in black that are for sale
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            I ran 40mm bolts on my aftermarket wheels, which gives a bit of head room for track use

I recently went for an 80mm stud conversion with both taper and radius seat bolts. £59 all in from 'maps' on eBay. Good quality stuff but not track tested them yet.

I have a full set of taper seat 33mm long bolts in black that are for sale
            These ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-AUDI-CO...item4187550496
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Did you loctite the studs into the hubs?
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yes and yes, was £59 + £10 for a set of taper nuts.

Used a wheel bolt and but to fit them and torqued to 25Nm with threadlock and all cleaned first off with brake cleaner. Wheels have been on and off a few times with no loose studs.

If you do go for those, make sure you get the deeper nuts and also a really deep reach socket - I got a draper alloy wheel socket and drilled the centre plastic out of it.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                X