Winter tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter tyres

Got my winters fitted to my winter rims. I opted for 16" 968 coupe front wheels - 2 pairs of, with 205 55 16 Nokian WRA3's. I had to machine the inside 10mm of the centre bore of the wheel by 1.5mm then machine down some 10mm FK Automotive spacers to 5mm to get them to fit!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by treebirch; 5 November 2014, 21:55.

Should look good on the car. What width ate the 968 fronts?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I love the Nokians, they are great tyre you will not be disappointed this winter!
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
        I love the Nokians, they are great tyre you will not be disappointed this winter!
        +4 on that, I have them also for the S2

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          Should look good on the car. What width ate the 968 fronts?
          6x16 all round. I may be able to get away without the spacers but didn't want to risk it as clearance on the front calipers is very minimal, just a few mm's. We get plenty of snow here so it's good to have a bit of tolerance and some reasonable sidewalls and narrow (ish) tyres.

Comment

Running the WR A3's on both the RS and the A6 3.0TDI, they are the best tyres I have come across so far, I've tried a few Vredestien Snow Trac 3's, Dunlop Winter Sport 3D, Pirelli Sotto Winter and a set of Nokian W+ - they were awseome, lasted for 3 winters on a Passat TDI 130 4motion.

Comment

about to order another set of the WR's they are fantastic
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X