7" and 8" Boleros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" and 8" Boleros

What is the difference between apart from width and offset? 8" Boleros look bulkier than 7"
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

45° or 90° lip

Comment

So on 7" lip is at 45 degrees while 8" lip is at 90 degrees, so they look wider/bigger/bulkier?
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
        What is the difference between apart from width and offset? 8" Boleros look bulkier than 7"
        What Audi had 7" wide Boleros? 7.5" I'd believe, but 7" seems wrong.
        Last edited by UrS4boy; 30 November 2014, 04:03.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Audi Cabriolet had 7" Boleros in 4x108 PCD and ET37. Also 7"x17 but ET45 and 5x112 was offered in A4/S4 1999-2001,

Comment

Janus Boleros is a complicated subject! Would take considerable research to really nail it. They were sold on the A4, 80 cab S4 S6. Some have et 45 some et 40 some et35, SOME 7J,7.5J and 8J then theres cast and forged and then theres the rarer 45 degree lips with deeper dish look and it seams permutations of that lot i just mentioned. Must have been popular for audi to offer them in different sizes on quite a few cars. Weight difference between the heaviest and lightest is worth the effort seaking out.Hope that helps you mate.
            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 30 November 2014, 13:57.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

My bolero's came off A4 Quattro, so I thought only difference was the width and offset, as I preferred narrower wheel so I don't have to fit 235 tyres, but looking at pictures of S4/s6's with 8" boleros they look so much better, looks like 18" to my eye. Been thinking of going back to 18", but now considering buying 8" boleros instead.
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                Janus Boleros is a complicated subject! Would take considerable research to really nail it. They were sold on the A4, 80 cab S4 S6. Some have et 45 some et 40 some et35, SOME 7J,7.5J and 8J then theres cast and forged and then theres the rarer 45 degree lips with deeper dish look and it seams permutations of that lot i just mentioned. Must have been popular for audi to offer them in different sizes on quite a few cars. Weight difference between the heaviest and lightest is worth the effort seaking out.Hope that helps you mate.
                I have a line on a set of new old stock 441601025AA Audi V8 8J x 17 ET35 5/112 Boleros made by Ronal for mid-90's Audi V8s. They have the 45 deg bevelled lip. They seem very heavy and were never used on any other Audi, including the UrS4s. Any idea why they are so heavy?

They would make my volcano black UrS4 V8 avant look similar to this one from the UrS4 V8 brochure (except, as you might see, they had the 90 deg stepped lip):

Attached Files

Comment

Only just seen this Dave.

A little confused really. Mid 90's indicates C4.Do you mean a C4 V8 which is a URS4 but with the V8.I have a brochure i am sure will look later.I think the Boleros look great on the URS4/URS6/V8.

If not then I have just looked at 2 brochures here for the C3 V8 the sept 88 brochure shows the V8 with Ronal Aero alloys and the jan 91 brochure shows with a BBS Style wheel looking like the E30 325i alloys. Have you got a Audi brochure with the V8 pictured with Boleros on??

I don't know why they are so heavy,what i do know is the vast majority are cast but there are some forged. And these are the ones to get and much lighter. Some people have mentioned Boleros being so rare only 100 sets being made.The plot gets thicker!
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I've just scored a set of 5 8J et35's with good tyres for £250 which I'm pretty chuffed about.
                    They have the 45deg lips.

Comment

Pictures are very very much appreciated
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                        I've just scored a set of 5 8J et35's with good tyres for £250 which I'm pretty chuffed about.
                        They have the 45deg lips.
                        Yes pictures would be nice unless they are in such a state you don't want to then we understand.

If you ever get a chance could you weigh one of the wheels and let me know.Cheers
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Ok I'll try tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            Only just seen this Dave.
                            A little confused really. Mid 90's indicates C4.Do you mean a C4 V8 which is a URS4 but with the V8.I have a brochure i am sure will look later.I think the Boleros look great on the URS4/URS6/V8.
                            That brochure photo above is virtually my 94 C4 S4 Avant Avant (volcano black with black roof rails) - minus the the Boleros. I am running 16" Avus with snow tires for the winter. 18" A!Avantgardes for the summer.

The Audi V8 Boleros are 8J x 17 ET35, PN 441601025AA for a Type 44 or "4C" Audi V8 sedan. There is no diagram of them in VaGCat.

Here is another C4 Audi S4 Bolero photo.

Comment

I love Bolero's, I have summer set, winter set, track set, a spare set, one set stolen and just sold 2 other sets.... Lol

All with the 45 degree outer lip....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X