Tyre width and grip??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
    Agree if you go from 17s as being normal to 16s it feels rather boaty, nothing seems to happen for the first steering input.

What suspension do you have?

Most of my experience is from my S2s, my dad has had 2 100s4s and a couple of 100s on different wheels I have driven some briefly.

Those Plus Speck wheels i had refurbed have new Assymetric 2's on and are on my new S6 saloon.That car is running the stiffist of the 2 Audi IBE lowered sport springs they offered plus it's on a set of Konis.I like it, it's nice and crisp and will get more compliant yet handle even better when i rebush the whole suspension.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

what I've learned with those cars ... big fat wide tires with (not too) low profile for some comfort
      I'm on 235/40-18 fulda with 5 channels that will give you more grip on cornering
      and good water displacement combined with weight of the car
      running on fat fives 18x8.5 gives a bit stretched look but it also prevents front tires from distortion in corners

same tires on s8 avus 18x8 didn't feel same way, they tend to twist under heavy loads in corners

205-55-16" winter tires ... god forbid, I'm using them for good grip on snow but on wet and dry they are flexing under the load and are just bad

Comment

Working...
      X