Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B Polished Standard Alloys

Hi Guys,

Finally got round to taking some pics with my nice "new to me" freshly polished alloys. I previously had RS4 18" replicas which were so heavy, they weighed around 25kg per wheel with tyres, the difference in acceleration and braking is a vast improvement. I'm not sure if all replicas are generally heavier than the equivalent OEM wheel but i don't think i'll buy replicas again!!

Anyhow here are some pics-
    15mm spacers on rear, 10mm on the front.
    Completely retro but i love it!
    Attached Files

Looking great with the spacers

Wheel/tyre size and weight makes quite a difference indeed for acceleration. On my 2.8 cabrio it made a huge difference if I had 15" Speedline wheels or the 17" Bolero wheels fitted, car drove much better on the lighter wheels with smaller tyres.

Comment

They look great, I've always been a fan of the original 3B wheels.

Did you get them from eBay a little while ago? I think I may have been bidding against you
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Love a nice set of 3b alloys. Looks well.

@ Kit I have set if your still on the lookout.
        Stuart
        B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Yeh bought them on ebay a few months back, i'm chuft with them they came up good with a quick polish. I fitted the standard 205 55 tyres on and was worried that grip might be a problem in the wet but pleaed to report the Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres perform well, i would certainly buy them again.
          Last edited by gmac78; 6 September 2015, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_30 View Post
            @ Kit I have set if your still on the lookout.
            Will drop you a PM now.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Looking great!! Have to agree with you about the smaller wheel over your previous would be so much better to drive. I have the Goodyear Excellence on the 80 avant and defo a good tyre.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Love it! I have been thinking about doing this, seriously tempted now. Well done.
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

What brakes you have in front? I want to keep these original wheels on my car as well. Just wondering what is the best option?

Comment

Hi, the front has the common upgrade 996 calipers using 314mm discs, the rear has 314 discs with the standard calipers spaced out. The brakes are pretty impressive now, good stopping power!

Comment

good to know these can be fitted under 16'' genuine wheels with some spacers

Comment

Working...
                      X