Kumho, Falken, Nankang or Nexen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kumho, Falken, Nankang or Nexen?

I need new tires for my 8x18 "Avus wheels.

Since I do not drive so much with the car, there must be no very expensive tires.

Previously, I always had the Falken FK 452.
    Now I want something else to test the lower price segment.
    In addition I have found the following tire.

- Kumho Ecsta le Sport KU39
    - Nexen N Sera SU1
    - Nankang NS-20

Has ever a one of these tires driven and can tell me to what?
    The tests in the car magazines I do not trust.

I've used falken before I changed to Dunlop I rate falken more than the others and if you have used them before and trust them I'd stick to what you know as it works!??

Comment

I have used Kumho Le sports, only problem was not much rim protection from memory but a very good tyre.

Comment

The Kumho's are pretty good, but I would always spend as much as I could afford on tyres
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          The Kumho's are pretty good, but I would always spend as much as I could afford on tyres
          Indeed- and I'm speaking as someone who in the past ran (decent but not brilliant) budget tyres on my CQ7a, including Kumhos.

Comment

Like Anthonys2 above I think Falkens are very good and if you like them, why change. I would doubt the wisdom of testing the cheaper end of the market, both from a safety point of view and I doubt if you tested a new one every week for a year you would try them all.

Comment

That stunning car of your needs Goodyear asymmetric 2's which you might get a good deal on or the new Asymmetric 3's which have just hit the streets being rolled out in ever increasing sizes.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Flakes fk453.. Price v performance they are top of the list and I'll be reshodding mine in yet another set
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I used Falkens for a long time, good price and grip in wet/dry, a little too soft as they wear quickly. Kumhos are alright. GT Radials are a good tyre compromise in terms of price/wear/grip, used these alot on my 924/944 turbos. Michelin PS3 are a good tyre, cheap enough.

Comment

Khumo's are very good wheels!
                    Only a problem with they: in a hot clime on highway (on August), with a high speed driving you can see how the asphalt eat them.

PS: Falken FK452 are horribles, but those, the 452. Don't idea about the 453
                    photobucket SUCKS
                    sigpic

Comment

I have now decided for Goodyear Eagle F1

Comment

Quite another price range and reputation, aren't they?

Comment

I have run both types, the cheaper directional and asym eagle f1.

the more costly asym is the best I used by far

Comment

I have come very low on a set Goodyear. Since the other tires were simply out of the race

According to many reviews, is supposed to be very good the Eagle F1.

Comment

I run vredsteinn sessanta's good tyre and a good price £63.45 per tyre from camskill

Comment

Working...
                              X