RS2 Wheel Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Wheel Nuts

Ive had my wheels off and on a couple of times in the last two weeks sorting out my handbrake adjustment, anyway thats a different thread, the nuts feel very lightweight and pretty crap quality too as they are starting to fall to bits on the "angle" between each flat. Anyone know where new ones are available or something better than the original rubbish, obviously they need the correct convexed dome to fit the concave in the wheels. Any assistance appreciated.

I got my new ones from 9 apart 01706 82 4053 also got most of my brake parts from them ask for Ben.

Comment

I bought some on eBay from a firm in Chingford, I'm yet to fit them but will update this thread as and when I do (hopefully this week when I bring my car out of winter storage and swap back onto summer wheels and tyres)!

Comment

Some of the ebay ones have really poor anodizing, mine have almost lost thier black colour after only a year or two

Comment

the nuts feel very lightweight they are made out of ally

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            the nuts feel very lightweight they are made out of ally
            That is my understanding too.......they're the same as what's used on Porsche with the same wheels?
            I wouldn't say they're crap quality but I certainly wouldn't entrust a monkey with an air-gun on it!!

Comment

Never use air gun and aI think torque setting is 110

Comment

I think I have a set of locking wheel nuts for the rs2 in the garage I would sell cheap, if your interested drop me a pm.

Comment

I already have a set of locking wheel nuts which seem to be much better quality than the actual wheel nuts but thanks for the offer.

Comment

Are they ally or steel?

Comment

Im not sure i will have to check one next time I have the wheel off but they are in much better condition than the wheel nuts, I think they could well be steel but not 100% sure on that.

Comment

Are the nuts not lightweight ally?

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get steel ones from

Comment

well on mine they lasted more then twenty years....
                            They do as long that you follow the instructions that Porsche/Audi gives for them:

NEVER use Impact gun. not to undo them and more NOT to fix them.
                            Possibly use an internal nylon sealed socket
                            Torque them to 110 Nm

Brand new set (that i order for my wheels) are 60 pounds for the set of 20pcs not bad IMHO

Ordered my set here:

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt179_...94/Wheel-Nuts/
                            http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Factory manual says 130nm for RS2 wheel nuts. I believe the OE nuts are titanium alloy so hardly cheap rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                              X