Aftermarket wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket wheels

Hi guys, first ever post and love the forum, have been offered a rare set of azevs but are 18x8.5 with an et of 42, have been told that these will need spigots to make fit, will these tuck nicely under a b4 s2 front and rear arch? please any help would be epic[emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite big and would need some spacers I would guess to stand a chance of fitting. I do like azev wheels.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
      Quite big and would need some spacers I would guess to stand a chance of fitting. I do like azev wheels.

Going to have a test fit in a couple of weeks time, am really hoping they fit!!! Shame they're not 8j wide hey!

Comment

Might need to use some slightly stretched tyres.

Comment

Might need to use some slightly stretched tyres.

Yeah was thinking the same, not ideal but really love those wheels!

Comment

Can't see you failing to get them on your car - spacers (you might have to try different sizes) and maybe 225/40/18s -I've got that size on my 8.5 x18 BBS reps, they're slightly stretched but fine- I'm not a fan of the stretched look.
            Love Azevs....

Welcome to the forum btw

Comment

Thank you for the reply, and kind welcome, had a go on that website, willtheyfit or something like that, how far do yours stick out from the arches? Shall try and avoid stretch as much as I can[emoji1360] will be posting more pictures up when I collect the car, it's an emerald green [emoji7]

Comment

Comment

The track rod arms get close to the wheels on the S2 so hence the requirement to space out.

Comment

The track rod arms get close to the wheels on the S2 so hence the requirement to space out.

More than 30.4mm away from them hopefully [emoji1374] or I will most definitely have to use spacers

Comment

For example this is a 17 x 7.5 et 35 wheel with 225 45 17 rubber. About 10 mm space on the inside so for rubber wider than 235 on 35 offset I would need spacers. On et 45 the issue would be 10 mm or rubber width 20mm worse.

Comment

For example this is a 17 x 7.5 et 35 wheel with 225 45 17 rubber. About 10 mm space on the inside so for rubber wider than 235 on 35 offset I would need spacers. On et 45 the issue would be 10 mm or rubber width 20mm worse.

Going to be mega tight isn't it, great photo that, thank you[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by julesS2 View Post
                          Thank you for the reply, and kind welcome, had a go on that website, willtheyfit or something like that, how far do yours stick out from the arches? Shall try and avoid stretch as much as I can[emoji1360] will be posting more pictures up when I collect the car, it's an emerald green [emoji7]

My 8.5s are a 35 ET I think , no markings on them, so just need very narrow shims up front to stop the tyres rubbing against suspension arms, as in the photo above, but my A8 Sport alloys are into the 50 ET territory so need 15 mm spacers...

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
                            My 8.5s are a 35 ET I think , no markings on them, so just need very narrow shims up front to stop the tyres rubbing against suspension arms, as in the photo above, but my A8 Sport alloys are into the 50 ET territory so need 15 mm spacers...

Going to try a test fit once I get the car, without tyres and spacers and see where I am with them, just hope they fit, also been looking at Audi s3 8p alloys as a back up!

Comment

I had et30 8.5 width rims, and all was good. Add a 1cm spacer and you will be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X