Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel/tyre options on a 1983 UrQ

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker of this forum. I have an '83 UrQ that I want to look at wheel/tyre options for. I have seen some really nice UrQ's on this forum and across the web that have a variety of aftermarket wheel/tyre combinations. I am curious if there is a sort of 'rule of thumb' for what sizes are possible on a UrQ. What sizes are you guys running?

I am also considering getting H&R springs with Koni struts for a subtle drop.

I have given up on my search for a set of the 15x8 ronals. When they rarely pop up for sale on my side of the pond, they are very expensive and it has me wondering what other options I could run for the same or lower cost.

I would ideally look at a set of 16, possibly 17 inch wheels.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Originally posted by Ves View Post
    Hi everyone,

Long time lurker of this forum. I have an '83 UrQ that I want to look at wheel/tyre options for. I have seen some really nice UrQ's on this forum and across the web that have a variety of aftermarket wheel/tyre combinations. I am curious if there is a sort of 'rule of thumb' for what sizes are possible on a UrQ. What sizes are you guys running?

I am also considering getting H&R springs with Koni struts for a subtle drop.

I have given up on my search for a set of the 15x8 ronals. When they rarely pop up for sale on my side of the pond, they are very expensive and it has me wondering what other options I could run for the same or lower cost.

I would ideally look at a set of 16, possibly 17 inch wheels.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

16" are good however 15" are perfect .

Comment

Mine on 17 inch revolution wheels

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Cant really go wrong with original ronals but 16" wheels with the right dish can look just as good if not better.
          1991 90 quattro 20v sport 450 bhp
          Rs2 engined ur quattro sold
          11 golf tdi

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations, guys! Regarding tyre size, what would you guys recommend for maximum tyre circumference on a UrQ? As I understand, the H&R spring set combined with Koni shocks are quite a common set up on UrQ's. Anyone happen to have any advice or guidance as to what wheel/tyre sizes would not pose any problems with this suspension set up? I would really like a 16x8 or 16x9 set up.

Sorry for all the questions, support knowledge of UrQ's on my side of the pond is limited due to the very few number running around here.

Comment

215 45 16 Yokohama ad08r on a bbs rs 16"

235 40 17 on 9j pro race 1.2 unsure of the tyre brand

Comment

Plenty of clearance on 225 45 17.

Comment

17 X 10
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys! Some great looking wheel combinations you all have.

jsws3- Do you know if the black UrQ with the 16" BBS wheels are on factory suspension? Are those originally Mercedes wheels with a 66.6mm centerbore?

robo- Those are awesome looking wheels. They remind me a lot of the Sport Quattro factory wheels. Do you mind sharing the wheel manufacturer details?

Comment

Originally posted by Ves View Post
                      Thanks for the help, guys! Some great looking wheel combinations you all have.

jsws3- Do you know if the black UrQ with the 16" BBS wheels are on factory suspension? Are those originally Mercedes wheels with a 66.6mm centerbore?

robo- Those are awesome looking wheels. They remind me a lot of the Sport Quattro factory wheels. Do you mind sharing the wheel manufacturer details?
                      The black urquattro is mine and the bbs rs wheels are 16" 8j et24 from the Audi 200 and my suspension has been converted to coilovers on stock legs .

Comment

Originally posted by robo View Post
                        17 X 10
                        Any more pics rob

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
                          Any more pics rob
                          I bought these wheels for my sq but also tried them on my UR and they worked on standard suspension.
                          Gentlemen I bought them from had them made specially for his original SQ by Image wheels, after receiving them did not like them and got them of them.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic_________
                          Rob

Comment

Thanks for the pictures guys, its very helpful to see the dimensions of wheel/tyres in three dimensions!

Comment

9x17 oz futura, et33, and both front and rears under the arches...

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                              X