Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to wheels.. some questions..

Hi guys

Im new to custom wheels and never purchased any . They are VERY expensive for me and I would like to at least get an idea of what i want / need / should stay away from before I go out and spend my money.

so.. my question(s) is regarding size and my worrys are :

1. wheel size , obviously the bigger the better they look, will a 18" wheel fit in s2 arch? if not what needs to be modyfied? also what is the best width for best grip (e.g. 215's, 235's)

2. tyre size , what is the dissadvantage of having very low profile tyres (e.g what are on a 18" wheel). I can guess the obious like pot holes will do more damage and ride will feel firmer, but, what will happen to handling on the road? how will the car react in "sliding" conditions? generally concerned about grip to the road.

so there you have it, a lot of noobie questions from a noobie racer
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

1. wheel size , obviously the bigger the better they look, will a 18" wheel fit in s2 arch? if not what needs to be modyfied? also what is the best width for best grip (e.g. 215's, 235's)

18s will fit - but watch for ET - not the alien but the offset (distance to hub) - can to an extent be sorted with spacers - then watch tyre vs alloy size, may rub against the arch (solution flare ur arches) - also if you got big brakes make sure they will fit inside the alloy (im sure wont be a prob with 18s) - crap metal can also cause wheel damage when driving through london

2. tyre size , what is the dissadvantage of having very low profile tyres (e.g what are on a 18" wheel). I can guess the obious like pot holes will do more damage and ride will feel firmer, but, what will happen to handling on the road? how will the car react in "sliding" conditions? generally concerned about grip to the road.

slightly harsher drive (depends on suspension, sub mounts, booshes, and how fat ur passengers are
    handles alot better, and head turning value is unbeatable . oh yes....tyres alittle more costly
    hope this helps - did i miss anything anyone

imster

Comment

hee hee nice humor

so there is no performance decrease in low pro's?

Im hopeing to find some nice deep dish rimms, are they more likely to run than overs considering they have different ET?

"did i miss anything anyone" which for best performance, 205, 215, 225 etc..
      ABY Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

i found my car to ride better on 18's than on stock, grip is awesome on 225/40/18 rubber and it feels better through the steering wheel too.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X