Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesco momentum

Comment

Have used V-Power since it came out but been using Momentum for a while now as it has the slight edge over V-power in terms of seat of pants and is so much cheaper.

I wonder if Momentum has similar cleaning agents V-Power has?
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Shell V-Power is great stuff but really expensive at UK pumps. Momentum does a good job and it's cheap, so my typical choice for the daily. I guess Momentum will be rather short of cleaning additives to keep the price down,
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Would cleaning additives matter on engines that have covered upward of 100,000 miles? probably not I'm guessing

Comment

Answered by Honest John

Tesco Momentum has the octane, but not the fuel system cleaning additives of V-Power, so I'd stick with V-Power.

.......I guess you get what you pay for.....

Comment

V power is around 10 per litre more than momentum = £6 per tank saved which you could put towards a treatment like Forte injector cleaner every 4th or 5th tank... You save money on the 3 or 4 momentum fill ups and don't loose out on octane. I know a lot of people think injector cleaning additives are a load of nonsense because it comes out of a bottle but why is that yet we beleive the additives in fuel are better?
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Always use the Tesco and if not possible any super UL. For £100 i would just get your injectors cleaned and flow matched and then not worry anymore for a few years.
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Shell V-Power or whatever its called these days.. Is the only one not to contain Ethanol.
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Shell V power all the way that’s what I use in mine just an excellent fuel you get what you pay for. The occasional bottle of redex also helps.

Comment

Tesco momentum for me if I want v power I have to travel 20 miles to get it, tried both can’t feel any difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X