S2 3B or S2 ABY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 3B or S2 ABY?

I have recently bought two S2 project cars. Neither have MOT's and have been off the road for several years. The plan is to keep one and sell the other one on after I've got it running.

The question I'm pondering is, which one to keep?

3B
    Metallic green, 177K, black interior but needs a carpet, some welding to one side of the boot and bumpers needed although there is a damaged rear and an RS2 type for the front. Original wheels also available.

ABY
    Metallic dark blue, 148K, full black leather with carbon pack and has decided not to start since being delivered. Original wheels also available.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Steve

1990 RR 20V
    1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

i would say keep the aby, lower miles and because its 6speed, then again probably best to keep whichever ones been more loved over the years. just my 2pence worth.

Comment

Aby

Comment

You lucky person. I'm not jealous at all

If you can afford to keep both and have dry storage, I would keep both and restore one now and one later. I agree with what's been said so far, ABY looks like a better keeper.
        I will be interested if you are selling one as my project is coming to an end.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

do you need to sell one now?

I would say the ABY to keep if you must...
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

it depends on your plans if your planing to keep one for longer period i would look at one that has the best chassis. if your upgrading the car to bigger power then aby ignition, gearbox, fan would be a thing that you would not have to upgrade in 3b.

Comment

Is the ABY Amethyst Pearl? It looks like it to me?
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                Is the ABY Amethyst Pearl? It looks like it to me?
                Yes, I believe so, although it says purple on the V5.They are both nice colours.
                Steve

1990 RR 20V
                1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Same as mine, lovely colour and rare. Keep it.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                  X