Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RS2

Hello peeps,

well finally picked up the car on Saturday, its been a long couple of weeks. Not the best pic (taken on my mobile), but you get the idea....

Got some minor things that need attention, but on the whole it appears to be in good condition.

First question - what the best way to fix the lower rear door trims. Mine are kinked and a differerent shade to the rest of the paint?

Shirish
    Attached Files
    Shirish

RS2 Polar Silver

Hey nice

Door trims are a bit of a pita They are about £60 each and come in primer
    Trouble is with them they are a plastic/rubber and they are held on with a metal strip on the back (riveted or stuck i think) that clip onto blocks on the door. Over time the rivets can pop,or the metal rusts and lifts from the strip making it look ripply.Also some people may have been careless when opening the door and caught the edge against a high kerb or edge.

I always managed to spend the cash on other things rather than getting these done. Depends how noticeable they are.........

Edited to add, I did buy new fixing clips for mine, and thought about trying to straighten them out by removing the rusty bits, but again was always on my list of to do's

Comment

Cheers Dean!

My NSR one is quite bad, looks like someone has tried respraying previously, without any success. So if new items are purchased, is it possible to effect a good repair?

Wish I wasn't so worried about detail but now i've spotted it, I can't help notice it!

Cheers

SP
      Shirish

RS2 Polar Silver

Comment

I have had mine done. Sourced from vagparts of course and painted by wonderful local bodyshop along with bonnet. Look like new.
        The paint is the key and as my and your RS2s are polar (a porsche colour) I suggest you ring your local porsche dealer and ask who does their body/paint repair work.
        That is how I found my bodyshop who do the porsche and Ferrari work for the Edinburgh area Stewart Roddins (?). Fantastic place with all sorts of exotica around the place. Owner runs one of the ferrari race teams
        Alastair
        RS2

Comment

Working...
        X