Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Aus

Hi All,
    I am completely new to Audis, Have just sold my 2001 Subaru Outback to buy a 1994 Audi S2. I take delivery this week and I am damn excited! The car I am getting is in perfect nick externally, has Porsche Boxter brake calipers, S-Class Mercedes discs, upgraded sway bars and I have also bought an AMD performance chip that I will install after a month of getting used to driving the car.

I am an Australian (Melbourne) and was wondering if any other users of the forum were as well? I am looking to join a good Audi club that has a good support network and fun track days. Another question, does anybody know how many S2s are in Aus? I have never seen one before I discovered the one I am buying and almost none of the insurance companies here have any idea what it is (which is great cause I am getting full comp for only a $1000AUD-I’m 23y/o).

Anyway, really looking forward to getting involved with “s2forum.com”.

Regards

Rich aka "s2munckton"
    Rich aka s2munckton

94 Audi S2 coupe.

Rich,

Welcome indeed. You have found the right place for your very rare car in your part of the world. There are only a handful of S2 Coupes remaining in the land down under...

There is Graham from Adelaide and Luc from Perth (from memory). Pretty sure there is another guy in Sydney and/or Melbourne.

I have heard these cars can fetch silly prices in Australia - such is their rarity. Dare I ask how much you paid for yours ?

Graham actually exported his car to Aus from the UK when he emigrated. There is committment for you.

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hi mate and

Alledgedly there are 12 Audi S2's in Oz of which 3 are Kingfisher blue. There are a few guy's from Oz on here and I think one of the Larger users of this forum just sold his well spec'd S2.
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Hey Paul, You are right about silly prices! I paid $35,000 which is 10 more than what i sold my Outback for! I have a feeling though that the car may hold its value over here or possibly even increase due to its rarety.

Anyway. good to be on board.

Rich
        Rich aka s2munckton

94 Audi S2 coupe.

Comment

Hey Mark, That could be right, the guy i bought it off told me to check out s2forum. Do you remember his nickname? Would be curious to see some of his posts...

Thanks for the welcome

Rich
          Rich aka s2munckton

94 Audi S2 coupe.

Comment

It wasn't "coolhand" was it, i think he is from melbourne?
            I've just spent a month in melbourne before i came to NZ, great city btw.

Comment

Hi and

Martin is correct, coolhand was from Melbourne too.

$35000 is around £14000 It'd be worth importing one if i'm moving over there

Chris
              Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                It wasn't "coolhand" was it, i think he is from melbourne?
                I've just spent a month in melbourne before i came to NZ, great city btw.
                Martin - you are continuing to make me incredibly jealous with your globetrotting posts of a 'look where I am now lads' !

Get back to the cold, dark, damp lands of blighty and return to your job of drudgery & boredom where you belong... You know you want to !!!!

Honestly you are making me ill with your posts from the southern hemisphere

Only reason is 'cos I once spent a month in Melbourne and I had to leave just before the GP in '99 when a certain Eddie Irvine had his 1st win. I love it down there - I'm just bitter that I couldn't stay another week to be there for that little bit of F1 history.

Some seriously nice curves to be found a short walk from Albert Park - along St.Kilda beach. Oh dear me !

Did you get a blat along 'Ocean Drive' - runs south west out of Melbourne if memory serves correct. Best not to fall off on that stretch of road...

Enjoy - you lucky bahstid !

Paul
                Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

The Ocean Drive or otherwise known as THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD is the greatest stretch of road in aus, it is 150km of fun corners and quick straights(with deadly drops on all of one side). In the next week or two i will take a cam down there and film some fun(then share).

Rich
                  Rich aka s2munckton

94 Audi S2 coupe.

Comment

Just be sure to include some curves from the beach as well
                    Paul Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                      Martin - you are continuing to make me incredibly jealous with your globetrotting posts of a 'look where I am now lads' !

Get back to the cold, dark, damp lands of blighty and return to your job of drudgery & boredom where you belong... You know you want to !!!!

Honestly you are making me ill with your posts from the southern hemisphere

Only reason is 'cos I once spent a month in Melbourne and I had to leave just before the GP in '99 when a certain Eddie Irvine had his 1st win. I love it down there - I'm just bitter that I couldn't stay another week to be there for that little bit of F1 history.

Some seriously nice curves to be found a short walk from Albert Park - along St.Kilda beach. Oh dear me !

Did you get a blat along 'Ocean Drive' - runs south west out of Melbourne if memory serves correct. Best not to fall off on that stretch of road...

Enjoy - you lucky bahstid !

Paul
                      Ha ha ha, come back to the cold? are you having a bleedin' larf?
                      Im actually working for a while here in Christchurch, just to top up the travel funds a bit, it gets me out and about anyway, it still averages about 25deg here
                      Trying to persuade myself to do a skydive but haven't yet...lol.

Melbourne was great, went for a blat around the F1 circuit in 'the beast' ford falcon we bought. Didn't go down the great ocean road, i'll be doing that when i go back to Oz, probably after new zealand.
                      ...and yeah i agree, there are some right stunning females about.:mischeif:

I'll be back to taunt you again dont worry. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X