Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first S2

Hi everybody,

I've recently bought an S2 Avant as a bit of a project and could do with some info. It is a 3 owner 110k miler with a remap (allegedly) boost controller, baily dump valve and k&N filter.

I have a list of about 20 snags with the car but I won't bore you with all of them!!

Firstly, how do I change the fuel sender unit, I have removed the cap of of the tank but do I just pull the lot out or what? Secondly, when I bought the car it didn't have a tailgate lock (at all, just a hole!). I have bought a new one from Audi (85 quid) but can't get the boot to lock, could be the linkages. Any ideas would be great!

Here are some pics...

Audi 80 2.0
    E21 BMW 316
    Ibiza Cupra Sport
    Mk3 Golf GTI colour Concept in black!
    Mk3 Golf GTI
    VW Caddy van with my gottis on it

Is the bailey dump valve dump to air? if so this could cause some running issues.

Post a question regarding the tailgate in the relevant section, several avant owners have changed the rear lights and the centre piece for another which you might want to do as you work on things.

Oh and welcome to the forum
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Fuel sender info can be found here
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Baily dump valve

Ant,

Thanks for the reply, the dump valve is to air at the mo, it runs fine but i can't be doin with the swwoosh!! Sounds like an RS turbo. I will replace with a recirc. Any thoughts on spacing the wastgate or best left alone?

Cheers
        Phil

Audi 80 2.0
        E21 BMW 316
        Ibiza Cupra Sport
        Mk3 Golf GTI

Comment

I also just bought a S2 Avant great fun, currently no mods and will be staying that way for a while. I just hope eiether of us have any big failures!

Comment

phil. check s2central. I think paul has posted details on how to check your wastegate is set right. welcome to s2 ownership too
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks for all your replies, I have sorted the fuel sender (broken wire on the unit!) and removed the boost controller to discover if I have a re-map or not. Still not sure about this as I am pulling between 10 and 15 psi depending on which gear I'm in. Is that standard or not?? I have replumbed the standard boost controller and fitted a Baily re-circ valve to replace the dump valve which sounded rank! I will look into modding the wastgate which now chirps niceley!

Audi 80 2.0
              E21 BMW 316
              Ibiza Cupra Sport
              Mk3 Golf GTI

Comment

Working...
              X