New S2 Avant owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New S2 Avant owner

I just got myself a Burgandy 93 S2 Avant, spotted it on ebay and got a bargain.

Its great fun even if it at the sub 80mph its slower than my other toy a 180bhp Polo G40. However I now don't have to worry about maintaining traction the quattro system is great.

I think I may need to go on a sensor clean and replace as even driving with litterly no throttle I can only get 23mpg and heavy right foot result in 14mpg.

Theres a few faults but nothing major.

Just a few pics sorry about the size, Still loving it.

Comment

looks pretty good. got any pics and details of g40 too? sounds like a nice little toy. are you coming to GTI Int? we have club stand there too.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Heres some pics of my G40. The full spec is below aswell. It is an excellent toy but not very practical it feels faster accelerating than the s2 but traction is very hard to maintain!

I should be going to GTI internatinal probably with the G40 if I have not sold it by then.

pic thanks to musicman

Its not long had a engine rebuild 5K miles ago, the car has done a 167K, the current specs below.

Engine

Balanced Con rods
        Knife edged crank
        Lightened flywheel
        1341cc Pistons
        Metal head gasket
        Ported cylinder head
        Ported Gt inlet manifold (extermnally polished)
        De wedged throttle body (extermnally polished)
        PSD 1341 cam
        Cup car windage tray
        65mm Toothed belts
        Full blend charger
        Boost return removed
        large K&N, DIY cold air box
        Stock intercooler
        Silicon boost hoses
        Stainless steel boost pipe (replaces the long plastic one)
        PSD 4 branch tubular manifold and exhaust

Transmission

New stock G40 Clutch
        16v Polo gearbox (ratios a tad low but brutal acceleration)
        Original Driveshafts

Brakes

22mm master cylinder
        Green stuff pads and grooved discs
        Braided brake pipes

Wheels

Recently moved away from the stock BBS to a set of Revolutions 14 x 6

Front 185 50 r14 Yokahoma A539 Rear 195 45 R14 Falken 512

Suspension

Venom 70mm springs and dampers, i sure its alot lower at the front.
        Salzmann top mounts
        Salzmann arb mount bushes
        Brand new VAG G40 TCA
        Uprated bumpstops

Exterior

Original except for red stripes been removed from the bumpers, and fog light hole cut out fro extra air flow and cracks in the front bumper from pheasant slaying.

Original factory light green tinted glass. Helped keep the interior nice and dark.

Interior

Original G40 full trim
        dealer fitted electric Webasto sunroof opens all of 1/2" needs to be re greased.
        Sony Stereo and 6 CD changer in boot, Head unit relocated to the glove box, controlled via a heavily modified Golf MK2 MFA wiper stalk
        Ash tray replaced with 2 gauges 1 volt ( 1 is currently not used) and a yoof AFM for some christmas lights
        Radio slot now is home to Oil temp, Oil Pressure and a VDO boost gauge.

A little discreet knob for changing maps in the ECU

Performance

Best pod 1/4 mile times when running with 155bhp was 15.11secs, It will easily drop over a second of that now not had time to run it yet.

0-60 timed around 5.7-5.9secs it can do quicker if I can get a perfect launch, throttle response is awesome.

This is now up for sale as I will be building an even more powerful Polo 16v G40 :-)

Comment

Comment

looks pretty cool, how long have you had it
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

good to see another avant and another vw owner finding out about the lovely s2 gee you sure your g40 keeps up with it and your just not forgetting that it just feels slower in the s2 compared to the choppy ride of a g40...

Comment

I still have the G40 at the mo and it is up to around 80 it is quicker and alot more responisve due to its high power/weight ratio it has over 180bhp and 170lbft of torque with a wide useable power band. It only wieghs around 830Kg. Obviously grip is very hard to maintain but acceleration is brutally. However you have constant availble power and no noticeable lag waiting gfor the turbo as on the S2. I will have to sell the G40 soon as I am building a 16v G40 track car planned to have over 200bhp which should be fun :-)

Comment

Nice and welcome!

The colour of your car is called "Ruby Red" audi paint code Z3N seems to be a few of us with that colour now, strangley i've only seen one other U.K Coupe in that colour apart from mine!

One thing i will say is keep an eye on your coolant level, from the pic it looks like you AUx rad is leaking at the very front of the car.

Comment

Are you sure it isn't Maroon?!
                    SS

Comment

On its build sticker it list LZ3N so I gues it is Ruby Red, the water on the AUx rad is from me washing it. I am currently replacing the rear wishbones as the inner bushes were shot. Resulting in me looseing traction a spinning into a ditch, due to gently applying the throttle in 2nd gear at 35mph coming of a large round about. Luckily no damage done!

Comment

http://www.Audi-Racing.no

here you can take a lock on mye s2 avant

butt you need to wait 2 or 4 dais bekose the side is down
                        Check out www.Audi-Racing.no :cool:

:welcome:

Comment

Working...
                        X