Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 ABY Engine Specs...

Hi to all...

I'm a recent new member to the forum and a new lover of the monster S2...Currently own a '97 VW VR6. I live in South Africa and clearly remember the S2 from my childhood. Never-the-less, the
    S2 is about as scarce as George Michael in a strip club around here....Somewhat of a collectors item as these were full imoprts back in the day. Today I finally found quite a fine specimen...still stock. I'm returning tomorrow to test drive her...She's a '95, metalic silver, one owner (really), 73K miles, everything works and looks great EXCEPT for a really loud whining noise as soon as you touch the steering wheel to turn it. The guy told me he thinks its either the steering rack or maybe the power steering pump / pulley?? The power steering reservoir was quite empty and you could see it leaking every where in the bottom of the engine bay...how serious is this to fix, and should this be a major negative towards my buying decision??

What I'd like to know is the following if anyone has the details...I haven't managed to find these specs for a STANDARD S2 yet...

1.) BHP
    2.) Average 1/4 mile time
    3.) Service intervals...( how many miles or Km between each )
    4.) Whats the difference between an ABY S2 motor and the RS2 motor??

I have MANY more questions about these stunning beasts....but I'll ask those all in good time as I learn more as we go....but for now those are first on the list.

I truly hope the more experienced S2 owners can shed some light on all this for me and other readers who'd like to know the answers too....

Thanking you in advance...

Vee
    Treat your car like you treat your women...Put your foot down and feel the difference!!

Ive tried to resize pics to show you how clean the engine bay actually is, but no luck with that....

Hopefully after this post you'll be able to see a small avatar onder my name...

Cheers
    Treat your car like you treat your women...Put your foot down and feel the difference!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinylvern
      1.) BHP
      230BHP if everything is standard

2.) Average 1/4 mile time
      Not too sure, but around 14 secs?

3.) Service intervals...( how many miles or Km between each )
      10,000 miles or 12 months

4.) Whats the difference between an ABY S2 motor and the RS2 motor??
      If you take an ABY engine and change the turbo, the exhaust manifold and the injectors then you have the equivalent of the RS2 engine. The intake manifold on the RS2 has the Porsche logo on it, but otherwise is identical.
      There are probably loads more differences, but those are the basics.

Loads more info can be found at www.s2central.net
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Welcome onto the forum we have a couple of guys in your neck of the woods but your right there arent many s2's there.

Replacing steering rack is supposed to be a pig of a job though.

Check S2central.net for specs.

ABY is 230HP & 3B 220HP stock. with chip they can both go upto 280HP.

1/4 on spec is 14.7 but it really depends on the driver & how brutal you are.

ABY vs RS2 (ADU)

RS2 has different IM with porsche on top same as ABY otherwise

Different water pump, turbo, intercooler, airbox, injectors, exhaust manifold, downpipe. There are other differences with drivetrain on RS2 also.

As for pics take a look in the FAQ and there are some links to image optimisers, when you attach the file use 'manage attachements' later in the thread and it tells you the max size of each file.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

RS2 also has an uprated gearbox, different ECU, Bonnet Grille, Wing Mirrors

Comment

Working...
          X